Can the step sequencer easily do triplets?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by robertroff, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertroff

robertroff NI Product Owner

Say you're working in 4/4, sequencing 1/16 notes, and you want to sequence some triplets over top. Is it easy to switch the grid on the pads to sequence them?

I'm imagining it would be cool if the sequence ran over the first three pads in each row rather than all four in this case, but I doubt that's how it works.

thanks

2. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

you can record some stuff in 1/16ths and then change to 1/16T and add extra notes, if that is what you mean.

sowari

3. robertroff

robertroff NI Product Owner

Cool. I guess I was just wondering how it represents the grid on the pads once you've switched to 1/16T. Does it run from the botom left pad to the end of the second row down and then restart or what?

See what I mean? I would be intuitive if each line represented a beat, as it does in 1/16, but leaving out the last pad when it's 1/16T as the sequencer runs. But I'm guessing it probably just runs straight through until the 12th pad (which would be the second one from the top right).

I guess the same question could be posed for when the time sig is 3/4. Just curious how the pads run the sequences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.