1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Cancel, Discard and Save on Maschine JAM hardware

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Will Zégal, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Will Zégal

Will Zégal NI Product Owner

Hi,

I didn't found to which buttons of JAM these commands (in the "save project" windows appearing when asking Maschine to load another project) are affected.

I presume they are to none.

It's painful in live situation 'cause you must take a mouse or trackpad only to click "discard" and been able to load the next project.

Please NI guys, give us the ability to answer this window with our JAM buttons. A, B and C buttons could be used (with or without shift).

• Like Like x 1
  2. d0stenning

d0stenning NI Product Owner

3. Will Zégal

It's strange that it has not been done yet. We can do a lot of thing with JAM. Now we can do almost everything we can do with MK or mouse except answering this always appearing question.

Does nobody else play live with JAM ? o_O

4. RajahP

RajahP NI Product Owner

And I'm here going nuts trying to find the 'discard' button on Jam...

5. Will Zégal

Two years later, this simple request is already not done. Insane !

6. minortom

minortom New Member

+1

Even a way to discard via a single key from a computer keyboard would be huge. Mouse hunting the "discard" button every time Maschine thinks looking around at patterns is changes worth saving is unnecessarily tedious. With both hands busy on the JAM there is not enough hands to do a facepalm!

7. Will Zégal

I'd rather have some keys on JAM. When I play live, JAM is above my computer keyboard and covers most of it.