1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Solved Cannot save Guitar Rig's macro controls with preset

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by tubeaudiogear, Mar 27, 2019.

1. tubeaudiogear

tubeaudiogear NI Product Owner

Using Guitar Rig within Maschine hasn't been a nice experience so far, first to make changes to a preset which I created I must save it within Guitar Rig first, if I just save it to Maschine library my changes are lost. But the most annoying thing is that my customised macro controls won't be saved, as soon as I recall a preset then a default macro control is displayed which makes very difficult to control Guitar Rig's components with Maschine knobs.

Hopefully other Guitar Rig users have found a workaround this o_O

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

I tried it and i can make my own preset and everything gets saved with the maschine project and of course also my own knob pages.
    It´s also possible to save it as fx preset and recall it without any problems. You are on mac i´m on windows but i don´t think thats an issue. But you have to save it with maschine of course if you save in guitar rig it can´t include maschine knob pages.

Uwe

3. tubeaudiogear

Hi, thanks for let me know, it looks like it's a mac issue, yesterday i was doing some testing and found out that if I use the Audio Unit version then I'm able to save macro controls with my preset, only issue it doesn't work with amps but effects components only plus the Audio Unit version doesn't have the compact integrated GUI that the VST version has.

I'd report it as a bug to NI support but I'm afraid it will be a complete waste of time (talking from previous experience)

Thanks

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

I will test again cause I made a mistake by don't using macros in gr I just used the knob pages in maschine and added the knobs directly - maybe then I can also see the issue.

Uwe

5. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Do you mean with macros the ones in guitar rig under options\controller? If yes i cant learn them in maschine to a knob.
    But if like described above i just learn a knob from gr to a maschine automation page knob everything works perfect and after that i can then of course add the knob to a macro page.

Uwe

6. tubeaudiogear

By macro controls I meant the 8 knobs that can be assigned to plugin parameters... it's a shame such a basic functionality is not properly implemented on mac, it's just a problem with the save function because I can assign without problems maschine knobs to guitar rig parameters but unfortunately i can't save those changes for future use :(

7. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

OK then its strange

Uwe

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  8. tubeaudiogear

Well after a lot of experimenting finally I found the solution, it happened that I was recalling some old presets within Guitar Rig and that was the reason why Maschine was not saving my presets properly, I remember that the first time I opened Maschine it asked me to update my Guitar Rig presets so I did, it seems that feature is not working as intended. So basically I need to rebuild my Guitar Rig presets, not ideal but at least I got it working now.

Thanks Uwe