1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Cant Get Sound

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by dj-jay.b, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj-jay.b

dj-jay.b New Member

can somebody please help. im new to traktor scratch and i cant get any sound coming back threw my mixer/amp.. i have selected the audio device as audio 8 dj. i calibrate the decks but no sound.. when i select audio device as audio 8 dj i get no sound comin back threw my mixer/amp.. if i select my onboard soundcard i can play traktor scratch with my pc ok.. but i bought this so i could mix mp3's with my techniks instead of having cd's everyware and i cant get it to play.. if i flick the switch on my mixer from phono to line in it is making the high piched noise from the timecode vinyl and i can also play normal vinyl with it all still connected so im sure it is all set up ok..my audio light is green on the traktor scratch program..everything else works fine .. the decks work in the t.s program perfect.. start my left turntable it starts the left deck in the program i just cant get sound. please help

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Hi, Jay B

NOTE: I deleted your other post due to crossposting. We'll deal with the matter here.

According to your description you confirmed the phono signal is coming through your mixer and you can calibrate sucessfully.

First question...Did you double check the connections from the A8 line outs to your mixer line in's?

Check this as well.

Load a track in TS and play it with vinyl control or internal playback.

If TS is sending out any audio you should see the 1/2 or 3/4 output indicators lighting up on the A8.

If these indicators are lit , there is audio coming out of the A8 and you just have to make sure the line inputs are connected correctly.

Also, what type of mixer are you using?

If you verified the connections are correct, it could be faulty cables, POSSIBLY.

Try disconnecting the phono connections and leave just the line cables connected.

If the audio from Traktor Scratch starts working you have a ground issue on your phono path in your mixer.

If this is the case you will need to use the Switch Input function in version 1.1 to play regular vinyl.

3. dj-jay.b

dj-jay.b New Member

tried everythin u said.. tryed another pc... tried a diffrent mixer ( i have a behringer djx 700 at the mo while i wait for my pioneer djm700 to arrive ) all with the same probs.. on the audio 8 dj box there is only in 1/2 in channel a and in 1/2 channel b lit.. the out 3/4 in both channels is not lit.. everything works ok the traktor scratch program works.. the decks clibrate and work ok.. i just cant get any sound.. and to be honest im startin to think this is a waste of £445.. i have had this 4 week now and spent many hours trying to sort it all with no luck..

4. epidemic001

epidemic001 Forum Member

sounds to me like the wires are either faulty or not setup correctly, when I switch my mixer to line thats when I hear the audio from traktor.
    The only time I hear the high pitched sound from the vinyl is when all the wires arent connected in the right order.

5. crucial d

crucial d NI Product Owner

jay-b... is there any way you can post a picture of your A8 and it's connections, and the back of your mixer and it's connections?

also, could you post your hardware & system specs (with version numbers of OS and TS) as well, just in case it could also help us troubleshoot your problem.

6. djquartz

@ Jay-B

Try uninstalling your Audio 8 drivers and reinstall them.

Also try direct connections. Don't use the multi-core cable for now.

Connect RCA cables directly from the A8 to the mixer. Just connect the outputs don't connect any inputs at all.

Load tracks into the decks and use internal playback to test audio output.

Also make sure the channels the A8 outputs are hooked up to are not accidentally switched to phono on the mixer. Some mixers have dual channel modes, they can be line or phono input.

7. dj-jay.b

dj-jay.b New Member

uninstalled A8 drivers a few times already.. all the leads are in correct.. yes the switch on the back of my mixer has been changed over more than once.. i have tryed just connectin rca leads.. still nothing.. i have tried all 4 channels on my mixer ( and flicked the phono/line switches on the back )

T/S version 1.1.0.090

O/S windows xp pro
    version 2002
    service pack 2
    amd athlon (tm) XP 2600+
    1.19GHz 512MB of ram

but also this pc has nothing on apart from t/s and mp3's as its only a t/s pc so theres no other programs that can conflict it..

the program works fine as i said if i use my onboard soundcard and the t/s program but as i say i dont wont it for that i want it so i can use my decks to mix mp3's..

thats on this pc as i say i have tried 2 pcs now.. everythin you guys are telling me i have tried loads of times.. ill sort you some pics out if you realy want them but whats the point if all the leads are in correct and i know this becouse i have had them in and out more times than i can remember and restarted.. uninstalled and started again a few times.. took all leads out and put back in a few times.. as i say i spent hours on this before i even posted on here so what you guys are sayin at the moment i have already tried... anybody want to buy a brand new version of traktor scratch with audio 8 never used as it wont work let me know...

8. djquartz

Sorry to be repetitious Jay B, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something simple.

The pictures are pointless because you obviously have taken the time to test different scenarios.

Please create a support ticket and post your ticket number here.

You got a bad A8 by the sounds of it and they are good about replacing these.

9. dj-jay.b

dj-jay.b New Member

support ticket ? mate as i said before im new to this t/s thing

10. djquartz

Here is the process flow.

- Go to this link, http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=suppform
    - Login with your account creditials.

This is will take you to a NI Online Support form. Fill out this form completely.

Once you submit it, you will receive an email with a ticket number.

If you don't receive an email, make sure to check your junk mail in case it was filtered out.

11. dj-jay.b

dj-jay.b New Member

ok my new djm 700 has arrived.. im gonna start from scratch with the better spec pc.. new mixer.. uninstall and reinstall everything again then see what its like.. if its still the same ill do a ticket but it will be sunday as i havnt got time till then.. :)

12. djquartz

Ok, good luck hopefully it's not a bad Audio 8.

13. dj-jay.b

dj-jay.b New Member

right i managed to get some time today to try it.. i put new mixer in and its still the same.. installed again to better spec pc and still no luck.. so i have now opened a ticket.

Ticket#2007101910013955

14. djquartz

Just wanted to let you know you're ticket has been forwarded.

15. dj-jay.b

dj-jay.b New Member

What a joke, after all that i sent it back to the shop 4 weeks ago.. i am still waiting....................

3 month now what a waste of time and money..........

16. djquartz

Hello Jay B,

Where did you send it? I will help you get this resolved. Email the info to me asap.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  17. dj-jay.b

dj-jay.b New Member

well after 3 month of messing about and sending it back i today recieved another a8 unit and it worked the first time.. only thing is now can i trust it ?

18. djquartz

Yes, you can trust it. From the trend I see here if the A8 is bad it's bad from the get go.

You should be good now, I mean all electronics can have faults.

Glad to see they got on it and sent you a replacement. Now you can enjoy the system and relieve all your frustration.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  19. dj-jay.b

dj-jay.b New Member

right sorry to be an arse but... when i have registered my new version.. by the way it seems to be working fine :).. but native have given me the traktor 3 upgrade free im persuming this is coz of all the hasle.. but i cant download it... the email basicly says

You bought TRAKTOR SCRATCH and registered it during our holiday offer
    period, between October 24th and December 31st, 2007.
    Thus, Native Instruments is pleased to offer you a FREE TRAKTOR 3 Upgrade
    for immediate download in our Online Shop.

i have a coupon number to get it but when i go to the shop i cant get past section 3 personal data..

i use traktor scratch not traktor 3 so im wondering if this is the reason ?..

wondered if you guys could help me out.. cheers

20. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

i dont know what the cause for this error is... so please (once again) contact the support for that - i'm not even sure if technical or registration support should know more about it, but i'm sure, both get questions, so just give it a try! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.