1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't install because there's not enough space...?

Discussion in 'NATIVE ACCESS' started by puzzlefactory, Jan 11, 2017.

1. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

I'm trying to download Una Corda but NA won't allow it.

It says I need an additional 14gig space even though the library is only 10gig and I have 120gig free on my drive.

What's going on?

2. djbrown15

djbrown15 NI Product Owner

You need to verify the contents on your system drive after restarting your CPU and empting your trash. Validate the install location of Una Corda also and try again. If it fails, post a pic of your system report and we may be able to see a deeper issue

3. Bram @ NI

Bram @ NI NI Team

Hi puzzlefactory,

if djbrown15's reply does not help please contact support and send them some screenshots of the error, your Native Access preferences and your hard drive space.

- bram

4. Keith McDowell

Keith McDowell New Member

Ive hit the same wall . I purchased the 11 ultimate upgrade two days ago but when I went on native access to install, it just keeps saying
    " not enough memory available in "/" space.
    Ive got over 500 gb's available on my drive .
    Help?

5. Bram @ NI

Bram @ NI NI Team

Hi Keith,

Can you please try installing some applications separately? Normally this should work just fine...

We are currently (heavily) over-estimating the free space you need when you click the "install all" button. This is a known bug... But installing fewer products than "All" should work!

- Bram

6. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

I have this issue when I try to install one product. Native Access says I do not have enough space on my main hard drive when I try to install onto 2nd hard drive. Please, see attached.

Image 1
    Image 2

7. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Even if both the download and install locations are set to a 2nd drive, Native Access still requires enough space on the main drive for (temporarily) unpacking & installing the downloaded installers.

So check if you can temporarily free up more space on your main drive by moving other files to a different drive.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  8. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

Thanks for the response. Native Access is a douchebag. I ended up connecting the hard drive, that came with Komplete 11 Ultimate installers, to my computer. I opened up the right-sized .iso, and I selected my external drive's file path. Easy peasy.