Category 'Blocks and 'User Blocks' in the 'Reaktor User Library'

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by sowari, Sep 23, 2015.

1. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

Please observe the following when uploading to the Reaktor User Library. I am talking about the 'Blocks -> User Blocks' Category in the User Library.

To clarify, only creations made with Reaktor 6 that observe the Blocks structure should be included in that category.

For clarification, please download this: http://www.native-instruments.com/e...r-library/blocks/20/all/all/all/latest/1/all/

and watch this:

cheers

sowari

• Like Like x 2
  2. Exiannyc

Exiannyc Active Member

The ADSR Salamandar Anagram Blocks videos are Super helpful. Thanks.

3. sowari

sowari Moderator Moderator

his tutorials are excellent.

sowari

4. Jonathan Tremblay

Jonathan Tremblay Active Member

I need to learn core..hahaha
    I'm always too afraid to touch it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Exiannyc

Exiannyc Active Member

Me too!

6. arachnaut

arachnaut NI Product Owner

Me too!

• Like Like x 1
  7. GaryGF

GaryGF New Member

Is there anywhere for Blocks that *don't* follow the rules?

I'm new to v6 and have hacked a couple of my old ensembles (which are hacks of other peoples ensembles...) into the Block format for fun (ie. they work but are pretty rough internally). They pretty much only use primary level stuff so obviously wouldn't fit in the core cell orientated processing bit.

I guess the correct answer is to learn core and recode them. :)

8. Jonathan Tremblay

I guess you could just replace the core cell with a primary macro and build in there, or have a macro with the core cell inside for the block's functions, with a everything done in Primary, only having to interact with the core cell.

9. GaryGF

GaryGF New Member

Thanks. Looking deeper, my ensemble has a lot going on visually and moving those elements to the Panel would mean a *lot* of interconnecting cables, I think this would be a good time to step back and do this properly, using busses etc. Cheers.

10. detech

detech Active Member

Please make a sticky specifying users to ALWAYS create new Block ensembles using the default factory template (Blocks New.ens).

Creating a Block ensemble directly from "File -) New Ensemble" break compatibility with Maschine (Ensemble will appears under Reaktor tab instead Reaktor Blocks).

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Michael O'Hagan

Michael O'Hagan Forum Member

I don't agree with this "rule", I have several older ensembles that I am extracting modules from and making them compatible with blocks, I am not doing a complete and total rebuild as its just not necessary.

If someone builds a block that doesn't follow the template but is still compatible with blocks and functions properly I want to be able to find it when browsing blocks.

I am extracting hyroglyphicus' oscillators and making them compatible with blocks, but I am not re-building the entire structure under blocks rules.

what category should I list them under in the user library? they are not full ensembles, nor are they single instruments, if I don't list them as blocks then what should I list them as? and how would anyone looking for blocks find them?

blocks that work according to the blocks idea (+1/-1 for everything) and work properly according to their design are still blocks.

there is no category in the UL to list them under except for blocks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Have a look inside 'Zobel-Blocks': He found a way to use primary inside and I copy his structure to convert LaZyfiShs 'He is here'. The cpu usage is veryyyy low.
    Michael I build around this block a patch and load up to Patches.

13. Michael O'Hagan

I just did a search of the ul and could not find zobel blocks or zobel anything, can you post a link please?

14. mosaic_

mosaic_ Active Member

If you think of Blocks as a "black box," then as long as the inputs and outputs are audio rate and between -1 and 1, then I see no problem with classifying properly encapsulated Primary code as a Block. From a user's standpoint the difference should be minimal. You may have to work out some custom solutions or substitutes for Core-expedited things like a/b modulation though.

Looking forward to those powerful Hyroglyphicus blocks btw :)

15. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

16. Michael O'Hagan

thank you, I'll look into what I can do with these.

17. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Michael, Blocks are cpu hungry macros in an instrument level. Can be modulate on min two inputs.
    The core in R6 is an extended of R5.

18. Jonathan Tremblay

I use core for the A/B Modulation, and sometimes for block building when I know how to implement it, however I most of the time build it in primary and then make sure it's compatible with audio-rate if need be, but if I use A/B mod in my block, that stays in core, generally using the core module that comes with a template block.

19. gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider Forum Member

20. phaelam

phaelam New Member

new to this. blocks is amazing.
    simple question. creating, saving .ens.....no sweat.
    but id like to make my own individual blocks. i can't seem to find how to save of a .ism. can someone point me in the right direction. i dont seem to be asking the right questions in my search.

again....new to Blocks.
    thanks

EDIT: figured it out.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017