1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

CDJ-850/CDJ-350 HID support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by jemp, Jun 22, 2011.

1. hellnegative

hellnegative NI Product Owner

theyre cheaper stateside new

2. Gavintech

Gavintech Forum Member

Cheaper than what? Cheaper than 500€ each (that is about $650 USD) for brand new CDJ850's? Please point me in the right direction and I'll buy a pair immediately!

The only ones I have seen for less are Pioneer refurbished units, but Pioneer has not had any of them in stock for months.

3. hellnegative

I did my math wrong. I was thinking pounds, not euros.

4. Djyow

Djyow New Member

If you live in US you can get them for $719 a piece at zzounds.com brand spanking new, they beat the price from djdeals.com no tax free shipping and 8 payments no interest. About $180 a month. I just got a pair for myself. Black ones too:). By the way not to change the topic- I'm hoping that NI will add 850's to HID support. I'm hoping...

5. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

I'm looking to update my old CDJ1000mk3's ... was hoping for HID on the CDJ-850's but no.

Don't really want to lash out for the CDJ-2000NXS ...

6. hellnegative

Why get rid of the mk3's for just 850's. Aside from the usb slot, not much of an upgrade imo

7. Dj-Goody

Dj-Goody NI Product Owner

Instead of CDJ 850 I would go for CDJ 900 today. These are HID-supported, are able to share a single USB storage and even look better...

8. Kenny MacCormick

Kenny MacCormick NI Product Owner

....and have quantized looping also but they are about a third more than the 850s so....

9. Gavintech

Gavintech Forum Member

Stick with the 1000MK3's in this case. The 850's aren't really an upgrade over what you have. Especially if you still have the use timecode CDs.
    ---
    Quantized looping only when using Rekordbox analyzed files.

10. hellnegative

True. either way. The 900's are a way stronger investment. Id rather spend the extra 200. In fact I did. :p

11. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

I'd definitely like to see HID support for the 850, N.I. are just being stubborn, it's already implemented for most of the competing software.

Not everyone can afford the 900/2000s for home use, which is why the 850 was designed. Something to practice on that gives you the main features without the hefty price tag. But N.I. adopt the stance that you are a cheapskate and should not be supported.

I don't quite get N.I.s attitude to this, surely the more supported controllers there are, the more people will get into Traktor.

12. soulguru

soulguru NI Product Owner

Dude, It, s not gonna happen...N.I. will not waste their time on something worth under $1000.00 usd....for that matter neither will Pioneer..they are just going to play the blame game.

13. djenzyme

I think you may be right there.

N.I. are far too busy trying to conquer the iOS market to be bothered with little things like improving their software for their already existing user base.

Still, there's no money in adding heavily requested features to software updates, is there ?

14. Dj-Goody

Dj-Goody NI Product Owner

So why does Pioneer support all the competitors with all USB-CDJs and NI omits the payable current models CDJ 350 & 850? Serato Scratch Live, VDJ, Mixxvibes, Crossvibes and "The One" - everyone supports all models only NI not. So I don't really think that's the decision of Pioneer...

15. djenzyme

Over 15000 views, kind of speaks for itself really...

16. Gavintech

Gavintech Forum Member

The cost of the CDJ has ABSOLUTELY ZERO to do with NI supporting it or not.
    ---
    NI has said many times it is up to Pioneer to request the feature. Pioneer, outside of their web forum moderators (who don't always know what they are talking about), has not said a word about it.

Its sad really if it is just a disconnect between the two companies. Its going to take someone doing something more than any of us have already done to make it happen but I can't see why it wouldn't be a super simple process once NI and Pioneer decided to do it.

17. djenzyme

Do you have anything specific in mind? I would be willing to push harder for this integration but aside from mailing the two companies tech support, I don't really know what else to do.

18. soulguru

soulguru NI Product Owner

NI has said many times it is up to Pioneer to request the feature. Pioneer, outside of their web forum moderators (who don't always know what they are talking about), has not said a word about it.

That's funny, because the Pioneer forums are saying the same thing about NI.

19. Gavintech

Gavintech Forum Member

Its not really funny, its exactly what I just said.

The difference is NI is actually saying that it is up to Pioneer and Pioneer is not saying anything. The moderators on the Pioneer forum ARE NOT Pioneer. They work for Pioneer as moderators and beta testers, and sometimes do demos, but they are not inside Pioneer like the people at NI that have told us their version. Pioneer, outside of forum moderators, have said nothing.

20. djenzyme

I've received a mail from N.I. regarding this matter and while they are not saying anything specific, it would seem that integration for the 850 is an 'open request' and they are actually working on it.

I also received a mail from Serato regarding their CDJ 2000 nexus integration and even that had to have a firmware upgrade to work correctly.

Sooooo, Based on pure speculation, HID for CDJ-850 could well be coming but it still requires working on and may need a firmware upgrade from Pioneer.