1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

CDJ-850/CDJ-350 HID support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by jemp, Jun 22, 2011.

1. soulguru

soulguru NI Product Owner

Seems like all the competitors have HID mode for all pioneer products.

2. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

Yes for a while, some of the different software supported one thing and not the other, but they have all caught up now and support the full Pioneer range.

Its just N.I. that are lacking with CDJ-350/850 HID support.

Its a real kick in the teeth for 850 users. To be honest i have to eat my words and say that MixVibes Cross is looking more and more tempting.

3. radiopicca

radiopicca New Member

i've switched to mixvibe cross and it showed up why native instruments is no more the top software for djs...my 850 worked like magic with no configuration at all... NATIVE INSTRUMENTS WANTS TO SELL YOU THESE IDIOT MIXERS OR CONTROLLERS OR CDJS WITH PRICES OVER 1000$ EACHONE...

SERIOUSLY GET MIXVIBE CROSS...and leave NI alone...

4. Gavintech

Gavintech Forum Member

NI doesn't sell ANY CDJs and their most expensive controller, which is an all-in-one, isn't even half of $1000, genius.

5. soulguru

Who you telling...I agree with you.

6. djenzyme

Anyone that has an interest in HID support for the CDJ-850/350 should put pressure on N.I. support. This is the only way this feature will be added. All responsibility for this feature lies with N.I., all the other DJ softwares have this feature.

7. jwlanky

jwlanky New Member

Im on the cusp of purchasing Cross to use with my 850s - ive been holding on for ages for Traktor to support the 850s (which is easily possible), but ive resigned to the fact it is not going to happen.

My guess is that their is probably an agreement with Pioneer that traktor isnt to support the 850 in HID as it effectively closes the USP between the 850/900/2000. Problem is that whilst this strategy is to push 850 users onto 900/2000 people who are happy with the 850 (or cant afford to change kit) will go for the the Cross option -which after testing Cross DJ just on a laptop aint no bad choice!

Mixvibes Cross here I come.

8. radiopicca

radiopicca New Member

You're right but what I meant was that NI is pushing his own hardware or Allen & Heath/Pioneer/someone that can pay them a lot of money for that shitty traktor ready licence...however if you try your cdj with cross you will see that cdj 850 are fully hid capable with no lag at all...

9. soulguru

Getting my pitch fork and torch, gonna storm NI Castle, then Poineers Castle. :(

10. soulguru

Another update and still no HID for CDJ 850/350...WTF!

11. soulution11

soulution11 NI Product Owner

@ Native Instruments

Please make available the HID Mode for the CDJ 350 / 850 in Traktor! I mean there are so many clubs, institutions and especially DJ's who are using these CDJ's. I mean whats the point, not releasing this simple HID Files?! And why is the CDJ 400, HID supported and not the CDJ 350?

12. Ywe

Ywe New Member

I gave up, sold my 850's and searched for some 400's... Ended up with 2000's for a steal. Perfect players, although a bit big and overkill for at home. I still think if the 850 or 350 had this support it would have been perfect players for me. Now I use rekordbox link and two scratch decks with vinyl...

13. pasik

pasik NI Product Owner

Native Instruments and Pioneer have a business agreement together. They decided that CDJ-2000, CDJ-900 and CDJ-400 are marketed as "Traktor Ready", and Pioneer Advanced HID will be supported for these players in Traktor Pro. Native Instruments lists these CDJs as "Traktor Ready" and supported here: http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=pioneer&L=1 .

CDJ-850 / CDJ-350 have NOT been marketed as "Traktor Ready" by neither Pioneer nor NI. Did you see a Traktor logo in the CDJ box when you bought it? Was Traktor support mentioned on the product pages? Nope it wasn't.

I know it sucks, but that's how it is. If you can pressure Pioneer to ask NI to implement Adv HID for CDJ-350/850 then it might happen, but it looks quite unlikely at this point of time.

14. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

The CDJ 400 had HID support in Traktor Pro 1.x too, which I guess is why it is still supported now.

15. soulution11

soulution11 NI Product Owner

That's what I guess too. Probably a petition could be the way to make Native Instruments releasing the HID Mode for the 850 and 350 CDJ...

16. djenzyme

Seriously, everyone interested in HID support for CDJ 850/350 should start putting pressure on N.I.

I have Mixvibes Cross and it really does show that N.I. are just being stubborn, there's no reason why they can't implement HID for the 850, it's not 'advanced' HID in Mixvibes, it just has a folder browsing system and shows title, Bpm, general tempo. Obvious limitations with the screen on the 850 don't allow for waveform and cover art etc. So actually, implementing this for the 850/350 would be much simpler than for the 900/2000/nexus. N.I. really are just being tightarses, the same like they won't pay for a 'mixed in key' licence for Traktor and leave us all using a flawed key system.

Just for the record, I'm not hating on N.I. , Traktor Scratch Pro is way more powerful than Mixvibes. N.I. just need to start paying attention to their existing users instead of always trying to attract new users. This year has been all about iOS.

17. djenzyme

What really takes the biscuit is that they actually announced it would be included in an update. This was around a year ago and ever since there has been absolutely no sign of it.

Having HID support for the CDJ-850 would allow me to actually regain the use of my decks in 'normal' CD mode. But no, N.I. won't do it :(

Thats a really sucky decision to only support part of the Pioneer CDJ range, there is absolutely no excuse for it.

18. bmorr

bmorr Forum Member

I'm sorry, but I've been seeing way too much misinformation going around on this topic via the subscription emails I get. If you look back countless pages I bought the 850 when it was first released and it WAS tractor ready I even have emails proving it where I refer to a link which has now been taken down. It was the traktor ready link in which both the 850 and 350 were clearly there. I also got confirmation on numerous accounts by NI staff that the HID update would come. This whole debate has nothing to do with Pioneer, they've opened up their hardware to be used by programs. Anybody who knows anything about programming can tell you that if this is working on HID on all the other platforms it's clearly not a hardware issue, but a software one. NI is just too lazy to do this for us. I find it weird because why would I use Traktor if I had CDJ 2000s? YES NI waste money supporting a CDJ that makes your software absolutely irrelevant. Smh. NI is a business and right now every Tom, Dick and Harry is a flipping DJ. Why would they cater to the ppl that made them into what they are (real DJs) when they can make millions catering to the $10 iPhone and I pad app crowd? I would give up hope on this. God knows I've been waiting three years for HID support, because of said Traktor ready info that was on their website three years ago. Actually I'm so pissed I'm actually going to dig out and get that compiled set of emails I had from 2010 proving it.

19. bmorr

bmorr Forum Member

BTW here's the link to the document where I copied and pasted all the info into:

Note the dates (funny how my emails even pre-date this thread which was started in 2011)...ALSO if any of the mods want to challenge this, please refer to the email ticket number and prove that I'm wrong. JUST an FYI i have it on the cloud, and have had it for over a year just to keep it as proof for what a royal job NI has done with regards to this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7v47kwizgb5iaof/Re_%5BTicket%232010121110005781%5D_Pioneer_CDJ-850.rtf

It's absolutely BS and if I wasn't done University and actually working for a living I'd take the time to launch a suit against NI with the better business bureau. Actually, I have that email in my inbox, I'm going to directly reply to it and see what they say...

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 11.49.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 11.51.32 PM.png

So to all those who say "GUYS it's not Traktor ready!" NO, you are simply wrong. NI lied to ME, they lied to YOU, and they will continue to lie to others.

20. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Sorry, but where are all the lies in that document? The CDJ 850 is supported as a MIDI controller in Traktor which was confirmed by the NI support person you were in contact with.

The reasons for not adding HID support are quite clear. The CDJ 850 does not exist in clubs or festivals, and is much closer in price to NI's S4 than the 900/2000, so there is very little incentive for NI. If you are that keen on using CDJ 850s there are plenty of other software products out there that support them fully.