Changing LED pad brightness?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by mykejb, Oct 4, 2016.

1. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

Is it possible to change the brightness of the LED pads? I find the difference between "pattern present" and "pattern selected" isn't that great and I have to look carefully to see which pattern is selected. I know the S4 had adjustable "off" brightness, just wondering if there's the same thing on the JAM. I looked in the preferences but there's nothing on the JAM hardware page

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  2. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

No !

3. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

Just got my Jam today, this is my biggest disappointment. It's really bad! Super hard to distinguish which pads are selected ...i hope there will be some kind of fix for this...

• Like Like x 4
  4. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

Oh good, glad it's not just me! well, not good but you know what I mean :D

They have brightness options on the KK series keyboards too, hopefully bringing that to the Jam is on the to-do list

Mike

5. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Agree with this. IMO that's the weakest point on JAM. I hope a an update can fix this issue.

• Like Like x 2
  6. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

Bump. Hei NI, any feedback on this? What do other Jam owners think?

7. dave_kay

dave_kay New Member

Yep, same here. I would also like to see the black function buttons slightly illuminated in the 'off state' - hard as hell to see in a dimmed studio

• Like Like x 1
  8. MichaelNIForum

MichaelNIForum New Member

+ Agree. On my jam i've additionally default variations beetwen the lights in the same state. That means some keys have more default variation than the on/half one. Thats a big issue.

9. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

All these complainers using Jam, very negative. Why don't they do something more constructive and make music...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Benjamin W @ NI

Benjamin W @ NI NI Product Owner

Hi there, we are aware of the issue of the contrast being not high enough, this will be improved in an upcoming firmware update.

• Like Like x 10
  11. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Comfy

Comfy Forum Member

Any more news on this?

Had my JAM a few days now..... I'm pleased with it, but the pad contrast is awful. Very hard to see selected patterns or muted sounds.

13. timcorin

timcorin New Member

+ 1. Perhaps the currently playing scene could be slowly flashing?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I would LOVE this to be the case (and not just for JAM either, for all controllers when they're in Scene mode). Flashing in sync with the project tempo would be even better to me too.

15. timcorin

timcorin New Member

Yeah i agree with flashing in sync with beat too.

When I say scene, i was actually thinking patterns, but perhaps anything currently active or playing could flash to the beat. Good parallel with sound pads that flash when triggered via midi.

16. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Although I certainly think it would be worth them trying if they haven't already, Patterns flashing could look a bit too much and be a bit distracting. However, I do still like the idea of the Pattern blinking when a MIDI note is triggered e.g., when Group B's Pattern 2 is selected and playing and just has 1/16 hats in it, the Group B Pattern 2 button flashes on each 1/16 hat.

I'd particularly love the Scene modes (of all controllers) to have this though. It would be really helpful when playing through multiple Scenes to be able to just glance and instantly know which Scene (by button/pad) is playing.

17. Chris Hawkins

Chris Hawkins NI Product Owner

Thanks to all those that posted here - I'm new to both Maschine and Jam and have been struggling to learn - at some point learnt that the lights are supposed to be different intensities!!!!!!!!!!! Glad I'm not alone - firmware update will be appreciated :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Harsh

Harsh NI Product Owner

I don't really care for the way Jam "sets-up" for the next unused scene with the dim lighting. Why does the unused scene need to have any light at all?

19. Comfy

Comfy Forum Member

Thanks for posting!

20. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Completely agree. This has always annoyed me. Better for the Scene buttons to just act like the pads in Scene mode do on the other controllers.