1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coming in the next update - Maschine, Komplete Kontrol, iMaschine

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, May 24, 2019.

1. affinia

affinia NI Product Owner

What he meant was ATOMISATION. The ultimate and last update for all Machine user :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

... i suspect v3 isn't all that far away ... within a year or two for sure ...

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I've heard that for about 3 or 4 years now.
    That's the wonder of Maschine, something is always about to happen, but never quite happens. It's a major selling factor.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

... I was making a joke ... been using maschine since day one ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Don’t worry people, companies do change
    8053AE1F-4C68-40DE-AF3E-B28AA11DFCB6.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

That was a good one. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

And not always for the better some may say.............................:D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Old Mike

I adore your pessimism :D

9. tempsperdu

And yet it's so very cleverly disguised as optimism innit. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Old Mike

A true semantic masterpiece :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. OGTracks

OGTracks NI Product Owner

So when is the song Layer coming out?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Old Mike

If Kai wanted to or could say or confirm this, he would have had in his post.

• Like Like x 1
  13. louislingg

louislingg New Member

So the update's come and gone. Still no Cubase integration. Will it come in the form of a Cubase update from Steinberg? A firmware update? Or a Komplete Kontrol update? Forgive my ignorance.

14. Robert100

Robert100 New Member

So, S series Mk1 came along, the user community gave feedback and bug reports which was followed by some update improvements
    Following this S series Mk 2 was developed and users are again giving feedback and reporting bugs which I am sure will lead to further improvements in development - not saying there is no place for this.

With the advent of Mk2, the A series and M32 series NI seem to have developed a form of Alzheimer memory loss, the Mk1 S series has been forgotten. I will not forget that I paid, which for me was a lot of dosh, for the MK 1 which has now, it seems, been discarded in terms of any development.

Aside from that, what happened to the idea that Reaper DAW would be catered for natively as with cubase ableton etc.
    Yes, some good folk have developed ways to overcome and work arounds but NI should have developed these in the first place.
    NI should care but they either don't care or have forgotten that they did care.

Rapidly becoming embittered here and wonder what is coming next - a new series with added motorized faders maybe and consequently development of what NI already market will join the heap in the not-so-short term memory department

• Like Like x 1
  15. tempsperdu

I think if they assessed how many Reaper users there are amongst 'Maschinists' they'd perhaps realise not accomodating them isn't a great idea.
    If they do produce an S series Mk3 it would be good if they did so in consultation with the users as not doing isn't doing anyone any favours. Why NI and it's users are so often not on the same page and why the users are so often seen as an unwanted necessity isn't an ideal situation for anyone and whilst lip service at least appears to be being paid towards a better future for all it's real results are still in pipe dream mode..............

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I am not dismissing anything that you said so dont take this question the wrong way but: What gave you the impression that Reaper would ever be catered to work out of the box with NI controllers like Live, Logic, and Cubase? Those 3 DAW's have been the only ones with NI scripts / advanced integration for quite a few years now and I never saw them promise otherwise. MCU doesn't count as it just a universal standard for any DAW.

17. Baer

Baer NI Product Owner

When I made my purchasing decision for the KK S88 Mk2 I was not under the impression that NI had committed to support deep integration with any other DAW than Live, Logic and Cubase. In my opinion NI has not under-delivered.
    Since I really prefer Reaper over those three and I absolutely wanted deep integration, I waited with my order until enough about the Mk2 protocol was public to give me confidence it could eventually be done (special thanks to Jürgen Mossgraber and James Teh!). Yes, I was still hoping it would be delivered by NI or someone... but finally I rolled up my sleeves and just implemented it myself. I'm sharing it open source (https://github.com/brummbrum/reaKontrol/releases) hoping to inspire others to use it or modify it to their own needs. Maybe it even encourages people to buy the keyboard just like it was a prerequisite for me. In my view the Mk2 is a fantastic product. Worth every penny. NI could make their life easier if they were openly sharing the specs. I understand that they cannot support all DAWs for free and "forever". At the end of the day the devs/people at NI need to get paid too. By sharing the protocol specs NI could easily attract much more customers for their products as it would let an ecosystem grow around it, i.e. also helping out people who are not devs/nerds themselves. The same thing is true for NKS. Fortunately there is enough information about it in the public by now that you can make almost all of your plugins NKS ready yourself incl audio previews for your synths. In combination with a deeply integrated Mk2 keyboard with its screens and/or Maschine this allows an amazingly nice workflow. Maybe it is engineering pride (and the fear of copy cats) that hinders NI to publish these protocols/"standards". But I think that strategically NI would gain much more from it (= sell more) and actually rule with this workflow.

• Like Like x 5
  18. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Great work, congrats! :thumbsup: I hope it inspires more people out there.
    Consider opening a thread about it so more people are aware.

+1000
    This is not my area of expertise but if a competing SW/HW company were to be truly interested in copying then isn't that a pretty achievable task anyway for a professional dev team regardless if the protocols, standards or api's are public or not?

• Like Like x 3
  19. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Seconding this; open a dedicated thread about it and post the link to it in here.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

I've been saying this for the longest. They need to open up their standards and give more back to the opensource community.

• Like Like x 3