1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Coming in the next update of MASCHINE (2.10)

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey basehead617,
    Sorry mate, I might have raised some false expectations with my phrasing here... similarly to what I replied to Jamie above, there will a better way to address the particular case you are referencing, but this is one is not yet it.
    With this feature you will be able to set a play range of the pattern (i.e. you recorded 20 Bars and then pick Bars 4 - 8 to loop), but you won't be able to have a 1 Bar Pattern with a cymbal that is only triggered every 7 Bars or so. There would still be silence required in the beginning for now, but as mentioned above we are working on significant improvements here.
    Thanks for your patience!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey Hebreww,
    please follow Mick @ NI's suggestion to join our Beta if you like. Regardless, I think at this stage I can also share a screenshot...
    Here you go - and I hope it helps to get a feeling for the things to come:

MAS210R780.png

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Any chance we can get more inputs like 8 stereo /16 mono

Also would this be able to be addressed

I’m using logic and making patterns in ideas view in maschine , I then drag to logic , if I want to create another pattern in maschine whilst the pattern I’ve just dragged to logic is playing , maschine (obviously) records the incoming midi from logic too , so I was trying to use a second group to continue to make patterns, which I could then drag to logic which would then trigger the first group .
    But when I start rec on group 2 maschine will jump to group 1 because of the incoming midi from logic .
    So would there be a way to get maschine to lock to group 2 when recording and not jump back to group 1 and start to record the data from logic .
    So basically it only records midi on the selected group

And some midi export options like audio export
    Full Song or full group/sound

• Like Like x 5
  4. DynaMaltee

DynaMaltee NI Product Owner

Thank's a lot for the welcome update infos!

• Like Like x 2
  5. TVbene

TVbene New Member

Yeah, I also have a lot of headache at the moment because of this limitation, I could really need more inputs so I could have some audio loopbacks in addition to my 6 normal inputs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey all,

before the list of feature requests gets longer, please keep in mind that I can not follow up on each question individually. I tried to keep up with the thread so far to clarify the scope of this release and share some more details. Unfortunately I can't make the time to elaborate on each question at length and if, when or why we are planning to work on certain topics and not on others.

However, I understand your curiosity and appreciate it very much. I am aware that depending on your workflow different features are more or less relevant to some of you, and we try our best to keep track of feature requests and factor these into our planning whenever we work on a related area of MASCHINE.

Thanks a lot for your support, sharing your thoughts and your patience!

• Like Like x 8
  7. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Hi Kai, thanks for your reply this looks very cool, I was really waiting for this feature!
    Does this new feature only work at groups or individual sounds.. it would be nice if both indivisible sounds and groups could be effected with feature.
    Kai I also hope to see the same kind of timeline signature in the sample/edit mode for example: the playhead disappears in the sample/edit mode when you click stop.. I like doing surgery and the way it’s set up now makes it not impossible but it allot more time consuming and goes against my creative process.

Bless up!

8. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Great direction indeed.
    I am curious about the name conventions for these updates tho lol

9. Falko Freund

Falko Freund NI Product Owner

Can we expect ‚Patterns to switch at END of pattern, in a further update?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

good to read that - always nice to get some new features

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  11. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

Will the Maschine software ever have the ability to Copy and paste multiple scenes(Intro verse, main verse, chorus) at the same time?

Example in gif below

[​IMG]

This would really speed up the song making process in Maschine if we had the ability to do this like other music making software. This would be a game changer for me and a lot of other producers I know that use Maschine. After the initial work is done with the intro, opening verse, main verse and chorus... highlight that.... minus the intro... and with just two clicks of Duplicate most of the song is laid out. Then just go in and make changes here and there... drops, solo's, bridge, outro ect. I think this will help Maschine users make a song faster then going step by step or even using the Append feature in Ideas View.

Will the Maschine software ever have the ability to do this? @ Kai @ NI

• Like Like x 3
  12. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Thank you for your continued hard work!

Combining this with split and merge of patterns and it would be a tremendously improved workflow.

More I/O on the VSTi would be sweet too.

• Like Like x 6
  13. MtwoJ

MtwoJ New Member

Thanks for the reply, Kai - not exactly the answer I was hoping for, but at least we know where we stand, so I appreciate that.

Is it safe to say that NI is focusing largely on software improvements in the near future and less concerned with hardware? (i.e. development of next generation hardware)... Or are these software improvements incremental steps towards next generation hardware that is better equipped to utilize the new arrangement features?

14. HEK

HEK NI Product Owner

I would like to see one thing in 2020:

The ability to disable the grid view (associated with JAM) in song mode!

Its always in the way and the real linear non-ableton song mode is already great!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  15. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey all.

I see your questions in here and follow along. Please understand that I kept the announcement high level for now, as I don't want to confirm any particular feature requests or promise particular release-dates for anything beyond the next update in the pipeline.
    In the recent months we established sharing more details on the next immediate update with you ahead of time, and to provide a rough direction of where we head after that.
    We still need to maintain some room for flexibility in our development and to not run the risk of overpromising or committing to specific details too soon in the process - before the actual work is done and the feedback collected.

As mentioned in the original post, we need to move one step at a time. The coming update is around improvements for pattern recording and we will be more specific about the next step as the next release approaches ;)

Thank you all for your supportive comments, the patience and joining the conversation :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 9
  16. HaGu

HaGu New Member

Cheers,
    I own 3 NI products (Maschine MK3, Jam, M32). I’m waiting for an HW implementation, in order to use different instruments on different devices at the same time. I think it can be a killer update.
    Currently, having more than one device does not bring any benefits, especially on live performance. If your goal is to get to a point where we can produce tracks start to finish in MASCHINE, this update is needed. Lot of users ask for it. Nowaday We still need to use a second software as master in order to use multiple NI devices (and multiple Maschine istances) to command different instruments at the same time. It’s simply absurd!!. Please, update the Maschine software with this feature.

• Like Like x 3
  17. octopus

octopus NI Product Owner

Hi NI, can you please implement the ability to record on the fly arrangements (the Akai MPC does this). Basically ability to record what the quick start manual refers to in chapter 11 “playing live”.This could also be done with automation. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  18. stanko

stanko New Member

Hey Kai,

please can you explain me why the most basic features are still missing in maschine software??? For star
    Hey Kai,
    why on earth you dont fix those basic problems maschine has from the very beginning? For example try fading the wolume of goup or sound? Or have an song view which is independent of patterns or ideas view, so you can automate over more then one scene/pattern etc. Dont understand native instruments really; implement those very basic features and people are going to be crazy after maschine hardware.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  19. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Another vote here for these two potential enhancements. They would both speed up workflow immeasurably

• Like Like x 3
  20. Kaldosh

Kaldosh NI Product Owner

Same with copy cut paste plugins...that would be nice too.

• Informative Informative x 1