1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coming in the next update of MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Sep 6, 2019.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Because the new hw features announced in this very post dont apply to the Mk1 and Mk2? And that has been happening for a while.

I am not saying to let go of your controller, I am saying to let go from complaining there are no new HW features for them since that's clearly not a priority for development. (Even though I completely understand the complaint / disappointment about it)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Andels

Andels NI Product Owner

Finally, some good news!

3. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Then it still does everything it does when it was purchased, and more. The MK3 is a massive step-up on the MK2, so I can understand why it isn't an area of focus for the company anymore. Look at phones; if you get a few years of updates, you've done well. Whilst I know you can't really compare controllers to phones, it isn't a product sold by NI anymore, and if you want modern functionality, expect to keep pace with hardware releases.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

If the hardware wasn't updated there would be no need for anyone to buy a following model or indeed for NI to produce one....blimey I worked that one out all by myself...I think I need to lie down now......now where's that MENSA application my mum said I should be playing with?............

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

HI development team.

On the information regarding Following the playhead -
    Does this mean we will be able to press play on a [new expansion] pattern and follow the playhead from start to end? I've always wondered why this isn't presently the case.

• Like Like x 1
  6. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

i think this new feature will just bring the advantage of seeing where in your pattern "you are" without having to press EVENT or PATTERN...so one can prepare himself to switch patterns/scenes or so....it sounds like a good addition and will probalby look/feel similar to the "little squares" that shows you now where in a pattern you are (i think this is in pattern view..or mixer view...?).

• Like Like x 1
  7. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

The #1 improvement i want to see is performance oriented. A very beefy workstation can still be brought to its knees with a relatively low amount of simultaneous groups.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Hyperthreading is your friend.................................. (pity it's not ours):oops:

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I wonder why this is not available for Maschine Studio like the other new features. It has the same screens and also the PAD MODE and SHIFT buttons.

10. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Shift + pad mode already has a function on maschine studio, but yes it should be possible to make it also accessible on the good old flagship.

Uwe

11. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

I really hope this finally includes the expected integration between MASCHINE VST and KOMPLETE KONTROL. Now it is ridiculous that one can't really use those both when running Maschine as plugin.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marius666

Marius666 New Member

Am I the only one who is childishly excited about Controller Editor support for the Maschine Mikro MK3? I can hardly wait!

• Like Like x 1
  13. darshie76

darshie76 NI Product Owner

Nice to see support for cubase and studio one; I almost lost any hope to use the M32 with anything but ableton or as controller for KK VST.

14. KidBomba

KidBomba New Member

I'm surprised Mk1 still works...sure, its missing out on the new features, but, it can control the latest version of maschine software and the pads are still A+ quality.

I just got MK3 however so it will be a big change for me. the Mk1 will be hung on the wall, as a museum piece.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Can't wait to have this

• Like Like x 2
  16. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

Another point of view is that I’m shocked how short support cycle NI have had for their hardware.

17. darshie76

darshie76 NI Product Owner

What about Akai and Roland ? :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey everyone,

I already mentioned this in another thread, but wanted to add it here as well. For the sake of transparency regarding MK1 and MK2 units:

In our current work and developing new features moving forward, we are focussing on the current product range.
    It does not mean that we abandon our older product generation. As of today, we still support every controller we have ever released in their original feature set wherever possible. (Exceptions being for example when driver technology is no longer supported by certain operating systems, or 32 bit support being dropped, as seen in recent and future releases of macOS - but if your system still runs an OS that was "state of the art" when you bought the product, you have everything available that you had paid for when first getting the product).
    Also software feature updates have been free additions to everyone who owns a MASCHINE 2 license.

While we try our best to maintain the functionality and compatibility of legacy products wherever possible, we need to prioritise our work and that means that we focus on current the product generation when it comes to adding new features - unless a feature technically comes "for free" to implement for all equally.
    With the pad colors this was unfortunately not the case in regards to the implementation.

I understand that this is disappointing for owners of older units. But I hope you understand that this is part of the lifecycle of a product that receives updates, revisions and newer versions and continues to develop and grow over a long period of time.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 10
  19. Depka

Depka New Member

Can't wait for the arranger updates !!

20. RobLo

RobLo NI Product Owner

Agreed....this is awesome