1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Coming in the next update of MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Sep 6, 2019.

1. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

Totally off topic: And even with this approach you will very soon hit some performance problems. I've no idea what is really causing the issue but I assume it is somehow related to multithreading. If you have anything serious going on with this setup you will find issues even with the exact same thing would work either in standalone Maschine project or then inside Live with Komplete Kontrol on each track with exact same plugins. Somehow the routing multiple audio channels from Maschine to Live just gets really heavy...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

There is definitely a performance penalty for using a lot of external audio routing. That has to be why Maschine only allows four stereo inputs and outputs. Even Ableton Live asks you to only enable the inputs and outputs you actually need. Logic manages to make all your inputs and outputs available without taking a performance hit. Maybe they figured out an efficient way to automatically enable only the ones you're actually using.

3. bmanic

bmanic NI Product Owner

Is there a place to make simple wishes for upcoming updates? I'd like to start using my Maschine Mikro mk2 again but one thing is really holding me back. I'd like to be able to select single note events from the hardware so that I can NUDGE them as I want. This is currently impossible and a huge oversight. There are tons of buttons available on the unit so why not use it in conjunction with the step mode to select individual notes?

The only current way to get a single note selected in step edit mode (or any mode for that matter) is to tap the note in question, which will DELETE it. Then you can re-insert the note and now it will be highlighted/selected for further manipulation like nudge.

This is incredibly awkward and silly.. totally kills the otherwise fast workflow from the hardware. I'd love to make beats on the hardware while watching TV or youtube and do simple yet very important things like nudging notes without having to open the software interface to select individual notes.

Please, if this one feature request could

4. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Can’t you hold SELECT and press the pad representing the step then nudge?

5. bmanic

bmanic NI Product Owner

No, of course not. In typical NI fashion, anything that is logical doesn't work. The SELECT pad function is only for selecting a sample pad without triggering it. Even if you use the EVENT select (SELECT+SHIFT) you can only select a whole row of events, not a single event.. even if you are in the step mode.

Seriously, it really should be super simple. Simply HOLDING a pad while in step mode should be enough to select the note.. which is exactly how it works on most other drum machines.

.. but no, there is literally no way of selecting single events with the Maschine Mikro. It's bizarre.

6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Correct you can do this in step mode and on studio there is a events button and in this mode you can select one or several notes to edit them.

Uwe

7. macchinista

macchinista NI Product Owner

Really? this does not work for me on an MK3. If I am in Step mode and then I press the "Select" button, it goes out of Step mode into the screen where I can select a pad or a bank.

To select a single event in Step mode, press the pad for the event in question and keep it pressed. This should select it. If you just tap the pad, it clears the note, but if you keep the pad pressed, then you can select it. BTW, this is the way you also do step modulation. It works on the MK3, not sure on the Mikro though

8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

On an MK3:

In Step Mode rotating the 4 encoder changes selection between all events, one at a time, pressing it side to side nudges the events, up and down selects different pads... pretty easy and fast.

For more than one note selections just press the Events button and there you have a Select Function (2 top buttons), it allows you to make MIDI selections and visually see it on the controller...

On Mikros... I have no idea but i doubt it has such functions, at least the Mikro-MK3 was designed to be highly software-dependent since it's screen is uber tiny.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. basehead617

Sorry, works on Studio controller and assumed it would be the same.

10. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

From the manual

469E852D-8C30-4A40-969E-1AF61D5361DB.png E05CDA1D-DD27-4F15-976E-A16C2B255228.png

Edit- sorry this is from the mikro mk3 manual

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  11. aldoofbanga

aldoofbanga NI Product Owner

Is there an update on this? I'm still patiently waiting for M32 integration in Cubase.....

12. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

It should work now but if not then add it manually in cubase under remote devices but not as generic device, there is a special entry for the keyboard.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  13. bmanic

bmanic NI Product Owner

Appreciate the thoroughness, but alas.. yes as you discovered, it's for the Mikro mk3. There is literally no reason for this not to work on the older devices as well.

It's really frustrating that this simple "hold pad" for tweaking individual step mode parameters does not exist for the Mikro mk2. It has only a simple on/off toggle possibility. :(

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. charlie360x

charlie360x NI Product Owner

Kai,

Appreciate the update. Any chances to indicate when the workflow-destroyer will be addressed? I am talking about this issue - https://www.native-instruments.com/...t-controller-control-group-sound-lock.324423/

I am sure you will see an increase in Jam and Maschine sales if this could be fixed, because current it’s impossible to use both controllers in live situation if your workflow is relying on multiple pattern switching while jamming. We’ve been waiting years for this now... Can you give us some insights please if this is even considered in your roadmap?

• Like Like x 3
  15. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

The "the workflow-destroyer" is a great name, it should be official. lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. basehead617

My guess is if it was easy they would've done it already.

17. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Then again, the same could be said for some truly simplistic features that aren't available. I just think it's been a turbulent few years for NI internally, and they're now only just getting back on top of their product development, or at least that's how it seems from the outside from what has been made public one way or another.

We did only just get changing colors from the hardware, when that should have been a day one feature.

• Like Like x 3
  18. basehead617

Yep i just gave them props for that in my feature request for enabling host automation to be doable via hardware too

• Like Like x 1