1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coming in the next updates of MASCHINE & KOMPLETE KONTROL

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Kai @ NI

Kai @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey all,

In the coming days, we’ll release a maintenance update (MASCHINE 2.8.4 and KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.1.4).

MASCHINE 2.8.4
    • FIXED A problem where some AU plug-ins that have their own sequencer (i.e. Melodyne) were not responding to the transport control correctly
    • FIXED A problem where some AU plug-ins did not process audio when hosted in MASCHINE
    • FIXED The "Ignore All" Button in the preferences now works as expected
    • FIXED MASCHINE JAM no longer crashes when using snapshots
    • FIXED It is possible again to Cancel / Save / Discard from MASCHINE MK1 and MK2 hardware controllers
    • FIXED All Aux channels in the Mixer are now visible (were visually cut off before)

KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.1.4

• FIXED The "Ignore All" Button in the preferences now works as expected
    Regarding the “recording automation” issue in Logic Pro X (10.4.5 and higher): We have been in contact with the Logic development team, and were informed that this issue will be resolved in the next Logic Pro X update.

Further down the line

Apart from reducing the number of Bugs in MASCHINE and KOMPLETE KONTROL in the future, we are focussing on the following features and areas of development:
    • Cubase/Nuendo integration for A-Series and M32
    • Midi assignment editor (Controller Editor) for MASCHINE MIKRO MK3 (after that starting on the same for A-Series and M32)
    • Recording patterns in MASCHINE without pre-defining their length - You will be able to just play and record - the pattern length will automatically extend until you stop recording. (This will be an additional recording mode. The currently existing functionality and workflows will remain)
    • Redesign of the MASCHINE MK3 settings page with new icons and more settings available directly from the controller
    • macOS Catalina compatibility

We don’t have a release date for this yet, it depends on our development time, and beta testing. We will let you know once we get closer to release. A beta for testing these features will be available on Centercode prior to release.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to provide some transparency and therefore share our “work in progress” plans with you. These plans might change and I need you all to be understanding if this happens, in order to maintain this openness and transparency.

Opening to new beta testers

We will be accepting more beta testers again! You can use the link below to sign up for this, we will manually have to accept new users, so it might take us a few days to work off the queue.

This means we will also go through the current backlog, and accept people who signed up in the past weeks/months.

https://native-instruments.centercode.com/welcome/

Cheers,

Kai

• Like Like x 16
    • Informative Informative x 5
  2. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

To be honest this great another step in the right direction for all the supporters of NI..

• Like Like x 7
  3. ScottK

ScottK NI Product Owner

Baby steps, But at least it's moving.

Thanks for the info Kai.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

At last the Mikro might be usable ;)

Cool!!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. AndriusDK

AndriusDK NI Product Owner

Really appreciate this information. And please can you add automation to some of your next releases would be dream come true...

• Like Like x 1
  6. 33tetragammon

33tetragammon NI Product Owner

hi Kai @ NI,

that is a GREAT feature!!!

my question is: can the maximum pattern length grow longer than the current maximum of 256 bars?

you know, for these ambient musicians like myself...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  7. louislingg

louislingg New Member

This openess is very important for the user base of complex programs like Maschine. Thanks.

I love patterns that extend... good idea... of course the ultimate addition for Maschine will be the abilty to do that with audio, to record audio into it over all the arrangement. As a songwriting tool, It's pretty frustrating to have to load it up in a DAW just to check to see if a vocal line will work or not! Honestly, it's 2019 now! I like instrumental music but songs with singing still are the most popular form of musical expression!

As a Cubase user, I'm glad that they will be integrated soon. Bravo.

• Like Like x 5
  8. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

• Recording patterns in MASCHINE without pre-defining their length - You will be able to just play and record - the pattern length will automatically extend until you stop recording. (This will be an additional recording mode. The currently existing functionality and workflows will remain)
    This is interesting. I imagine this to be step 1 in integrating a more robust arrangement view. Very much feels like a nod towards a bigger end-goal.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yesssss - great news, looking forward to the A49 midi editor and (non mcu) cubase integration.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1
  10. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Things is looking up innit. Damn I'll have to stop moaning and get another hobby :D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  11. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

thanks for the infos about future plans. regarding this "Redesign of the MASCHINE MK3 settings page with new icons and more settings available directly from the controller" i've got a wish:

- could you please vote for a implementation of the "instance" button (like there's one on the jam)?
    - so we can switch maschine instances without the mouse right from the mk3 (like we can do from JAM).

if its allready possible to switch machine instances with the actual firmware i thank for any help for a "how to" :)

Edit: Forget the above - i RTFM and got it :) stupid me.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  12. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. ScottK

ScottK NI Product Owner

14. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

15. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Wait, what... are you telling me people actually read the manual?

16. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

What's a manual? :D

17. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Sarcasm aside, no, not at all. I think my point was actually very much the opposite. It regularly surprises me how many people will shell out not-a-little money for things and then not do basic things to get more out of using it. Many will likely still scream from the hills about any feature, function, or implementation they don't like/understand though. :rolleyes:

(b-r@nno - this was not directed at you (or anyone in particular), even if the prior manual-quoting was. :))

• Like Like x 1
  18. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yes finally!

But what about aftertouch? still not possible in Maschine which is a major limitation and makes no sense given that Massive X was just released with great aftertouch support and yet you can't use this in Maschine (nor can you use NI's own aftertouch supporting keyboards fully).

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. b-r@nno

b-r@nno NI Product Owner

thank you - i got it allready :)