1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Coming in the next updates of MASCHINE & KOMPLETE KONTROL

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Kai @ NI, Jul 18, 2019.

1. goridread

goridread NI Product Owner

I think you might have this problem because you saved the projects in 2.8.4? The fix in 2.8.4 never really worked and projects using AU plugins saved from that version will probably never load.

2. Kaelthas

Kaelthas New Member

I already had this problem on other compositions and with other sounds before this update. And this update 2.8.4 apparently does not correct anything ...

3. goridread

You should be on 2.8.5, not 2.8.4. Don't use 2.8.4.

Here's how I think it works:
    2.8.3 - AU plugins (in old and new projects) load but those with internal sequencers just don't work.
    2.8.4 - AU plugins work correctly when added to projects IN THIS VERSION - but if you try to load an older project (2.8.3 and before) you have to replace the plugin - losing all settings. This is the most broken version - if you have it please update and try not to save projects using AU plugins.
    2.8.5 - AU plugins all work again - but if you load projects saved in 2.8.4 you have to replace the plugin.

I don't think they will issue a fix that will make it possible to load AU plugins for projects saved in 2.8.4.

4. Kaelthas

Kaelthas New Member

Sorry but I just checked in Native Access and Maschine 2 is in 2.8.5. I was not aware of this update and I did not see it or manually install it like 2.8.4.

Concerning Maschine 2, there is the date in Native Access is: 2019-08-08
    EDIT :
    My last composition dates from August 15

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  5. Kaelthas

Kaelthas New Member

I just understood why I had not seen the update 2.8.5 .... because following a problem not solved by the support of Native I reinstall Windows 10 on my PC , August 12 ... . this explains that .

6. goridread

I think your problem is that you have a project that was saved in 2.8.4. It's crap, but you have to redo your AU settings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Kaelthas

Kaelthas New Member

I do not think so, but I'm going to recreate tonight another quick piece with the sounds that is problematic to see if it's still the same.
    Thanks for your intervention .

8. Kaelthas

Kaelthas New Member

I delete all my compositions in the Project folder.
    And do a sequence with 4 tracks on one measure. With In timelapse, Rumble Fold, Air Rattle and Closed HH.
    I save the project and close Maschine 2, then restart.
    It's like before In Timelapse and Rumble Fold do not play.
    So for me the 2.8.5 update does not correct this problem ...

9. MtwoJ

MtwoJ New Member

This would be a great feature to add and would make the workflow for arranging on the fly much smoother.

Hope this gets added sooner rather than later... Along with independent controller control. Both are key features for live performance.

10. BobF3

BobF3 NI Product Owner

During MIDI import, please provide a way to automatically increase zero length note data to a greater than zero value.

Apparently some hosts export note lengths as zero when created by their internal step sequencer function. FL Studio is an example. When these are imported they play correctly in Maschine, but they are not visible. The work-around is to Select All, then adjust length as a separate step.

11. BobF3

BobF3 NI Product Owner

Persist zoom settings and window sizes across sessions ...

• Like Like x 2
  12. BobF3

BobF3 NI Product Owner

Support for tempo changes in Maschine anybody? A tempo track maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  13. jkq2010

jkq2010 New Member

Yes! In addition to time signature automation per scene and time stretching at the level of the sampler I would be all good.

14. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Whilst it's a little hacky, if you're running Maschine within a DAW that has tempo change support, you can simply do it via the DAW as Maschine's VST syncs to the DAW's master clock. This is what I've been doing, but there's a few caveats, and isn't accessible via the Maschine hardware, which can be irritating.

15. BobF3

BobF3 NI Product Owner

Yes, thanx, that is a workable option. It would be much better if VST-Maschine had a full window similar to how FLS does their VST.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Culubrus

Culubrus NI Product Owner

Yes, of course, but I decided to stop using Cubase to focus on maschine and not use any other DAW. And for me the best update they could offer us is to be able to change the tempo line. I've been waiting for that for years. Or, to be able to take a loop of a pattern and turn it into a scene, without having to resort to editing with the mouse. They should pay more attention to the musicians

17. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

You better go back to cubase.. lol I use Cubase 10 love it..

18. Culubrus

Culubrus NI Product Owner

:(

19. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Demo Studio One, and use with Maschine. Both match in workflow, and hardware integration.

20. certifiedbeatz

certifiedbeatz NI Product Owner

Not buying another daw to go with something that is flipfloping