Control elements in the Edit mode

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by PIANOPICTURES, Sep 27, 2015.

1. PIANOPICTURES

PIANOPICTURES NI Product Owner

This is a MAX influenced idea but it will be extremely cool to have it. I'm talking about Buttons and Knobs right in the Edit Pane. It could be special modules for such task or even it could be the modification of the normal Panel knobs set to be invisible in the front Panel. So you can drag such Knob around the structure by its header and click/drug on the Knob to control the values. For Core also would be great to have this inside. Could be a very useful tool for debugging or as a temporary solution while building-testing. I use Constant modules very often to do things very fast by connecting them to other modules instead of making a Knob, setting the properties, etc. Cool that in R6 now we can type values right in the Constants. But Buttons (switches) and Edit Knobs will be even more useful.

Just look at the recent Knob module, it have a Knob icon on it, imagine you could drag it up and down! Also some Numeric Readout could reflect the changes right on the module inside the Edit window.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. herw

herw NI Product Owner

I have made something you can use:
    In a corecell you want to change some „constants”:
    I put some knobs into an instrument; you can connect them to midi and make the instrument (variables) non visible if you want:
    att_1.png
    I have sent them via a bus {b} (partials framework) into my instrument.
    In my instrument i connect it to a corecell and demux it (raw receiver):
    att_2.png
    I created a bundle distribution which works like global variables. Now i can use them in any core macro as „changeable” constants.
    The numeric readouts are only for control.

ciao herw

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. herw

herw NI Product Owner

... and if you like, you can get values from deeper structure to top:
    att_4.png
    ciao herw

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1