1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Controller Advise: XONE 1D?

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by pptdgc, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pptdgc

pptdgc New Member

I have just started using Traktor Pro and am looking to buy a MIDI controller.

I still enjoy mixing vinyl/cd's so I would like a to get a controller to incorporate into my setup so that I can continue mixing cd's etc. and mix between these and Traktor. I currently have a DJM-800.

I am considering getting an XONE 1D and then perhaps adding another one in the future to give me more control. As I want to mix between different formats I need a way to control tempo in Traktor and the Nudge controls so that I can beat match.

I was wondering if its possible to map the jog wheel on the 1D so that it worked liked a cd deck to nudge the tempo of a track and I assume I could map one of the faders to the tempo? Does anyone have any experience of this with the 1D or is there a different controller that would work better?

Thanks

2. ekwipt

ekwipt NI Product Owner

meh wait for the NI controller...

The xone:1D will look crap with your DJM800 and you know what, we all care what our controllers llook like next to our mixers.

Now me?, I have a Xone:92 and the Xone:1D is perfect for me, looks nice next to my mixer

3. Tyronnster

Tyronnster Forum Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH61MUjw3tQ"]YouTube - Xone 1d and Traktor Pro - TSI and Overlay[/ame]

this is what i have

4. Agent_Trig

Agent_Trig Forum Member

5. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Forum Member

Xone 1D, I wouldn't wait for the NI controller....

6. pptdgc

pptdgc New Member

Thanks - think I will go for a 1D for starters.

7. Tyronnster

Tyronnster Forum Member

Pptdgc I'm selling one for 140 or 150 pm me

8. pptdgc

pptdgc New Member

I like the look of the new NI controller. Great for all of the effects and beat controlls etc. Won't enable me to mix with other formats though as there is no fader for controlling tempo and nothing to nudge.

Perhaps I could combine an XOne 1D with the new NI controller. That could work :)

9. PeteJames

PeteJames Forum Member

If it was me i'd rather mix on a proper deck and if you can't buy another one just beatgrid

10. trat

trat Forum Member

I would go for the Xone1D since I believe the NI one looks like plastic toy. It has some dedicated controls over what you can do with a Xone 1D but IMO, build quality en faders are more important for me...

11. Rasmuffin

Rasmuffin NI Product Owner

I've never seen an X1 close up, but if you can wait, I'd wait to compare the 1D and an X1 or chat with someone who has an X1 (native_girl has one.)
    It looks sturdy. Brushed metal, probably aluminum. If it's anything like an Audio 4/8 it can take skate park.

12. antreask

antreask Forum Member

Well, xone is famous for quality in their products. keep that in mind, since u need something really good :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.