1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

controlling multiple parameters with one macro knob

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by DPFranz, Feb 2, 2020.

1. DPFranz

DPFranz NI Product Owner

Here is the last page of a nice beginner tutorial on Massive X:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/massive-x-quickstart/playing-and-controlling-massive-x/

For a complete novice like me, this was very useful in learning some basics of synthesizers.

Small question: At the link above, they describe how one can control two parameters with one knob. I got this to work just fine, but one small, first world issue - the software knobs don't twist when I twist the physical knob on my k61 mk2 or Maschine Studio, or touch strip on Maschine JAM. All three controllers change both parameters, but the software knobs in the Massive X gui don't change. (Running Massive X in Maschine).

Is this normal/non-fixable? Twisting the knob at A doesn't change the knobs at B, though the two parameters *do* change as expected.
    upload_2020-2-2_13-44-25.png

2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yeah that behavior is absolutely normal cause if you use the boxes to drag a macro in it works relative, you have also to set the amount indicated by a partial ring, You can also drag drag directly on the knob but only once then the macro and parameter are tied together absolutely.

Uwe

3. Mk1x86

Mk1x86 NI Product Owner

There're two things that one could do:
    1. Display the knob1 range at B in a darker-shaded red and while playing overlay it with the current red depending on the amount knob1 is turned (just like a meter that is filled)
    2. Add a second marker on the knobs at B showing the actual current value (i.e. sum of all modulators)

I'd really like to have both. It also helps unterstanding presets. If you turn a knob you'll instantly see other stuff moving so you can guess how one knob/modulator affects everything else.