copy deck A to deck B with midi maping?

Discussion in 'DJ Controllers' started by nick.caris, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick.caris

nick.caris New Member

Hello this is my first post.

I have been perusing the forum for the past couple of hours and and have made progress, but am satisfied i wont find the answer i am looking for without asking. Plus, it seems there is a heaps knowledge to be gained from the users here so i may as well start socializing!

What I am wanting to achieve, is to have a midi mapping so that i can recreate the result of dragging one deck to the other? I need one button to copy deck A -> B, and another to produce the opposite.This is so that i can jump into juggles instantly without having to touch the laptop. I am using a Korg Nanopad and have goten quite far setting up transport and FX controls from reading the stickies in this forum.

So, has anybody achieved this before? And if not, is there an alternate technique i might be able to look into?

many thanks in advance

2. Marc_Tf

Marc_Tf NI Product Owner

Yep.. look for the 'duplicate deck' command.. (in loading I think)

3. nick.caris

nick.caris New Member

fantastic i have figured it out now.

I needed to change the focus of the duplicate deck command command to the corresponding deck.

cheers for the quick response!

4. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Hey

The commands your looking for are:
    LOAD > Duplicate Deck A - Assignment =Deck B
    LOAD > Duplicate Deck B - Assignment =Deck A

Assign a key or midi controller pad to those commands .
    Also you can bind both commands to the same key and use SHift to swap them.

Welcome to the forum Nick.
    Get involved dude.

Karlos

5. nick.caris

nick.caris New Member

thanks karlos,

I should have a nice nanopad mapping set to share with everybody soon. I am making a configuration which best suits turntablists at the moment.

peace!

6. Araj

Araj Forum Member

When I duplicate a playing deck, the copy loads but doesn't play automatically.

How do I make it do that?

7. Rudi-J

Rudi-J NI Product Owner

this does not work as specified in my system as well (windows xp) strange as others seem to have no problems with it.:(
    (and yes, mods i reported it to NI (based on an earlier software release of TPro))

8. Araj

Araj Forum Member

My lappi's on Vista so it's not XP specific. I rather suspect it has to do with some other option or function blocking it. Damned if I can find it though...

9. Araj

Araj Forum Member

Bump.
    NI = No Interest? ;)
    Seriously, what are we supposed to do? Figure it out for ourselves? Pretend it doesn't happen? Report it to support again?

10. Rudi-J

Rudi-J NI Product Owner

11. Araj

Araj Forum Member

Thanks Rudi-J !
    I don't have MIDI OX so I've no idea how easy that is but I'll give it a look later.

12. RoyHabets

RoyHabets Forum Member

I had the same problem. You've set some loadpoints, right? In that case the track won't play automatically.

There is a workaround for that, which is described here: click :)

13. Rudi-J

Rudi-J NI Product Owner

no - it even happens to tbare racks with no cues or anything in it.

14. Araj

Araj Forum Member

With me too. Even tried loading new tracks into the library.

I looked at MIDI OX yesterday quickly and it gave me a headache ;-) I'm not much of a music-tech geek and I lack a basic understanding of how MIDI works, so it's an uphill struggle.

15. Rudi-J

Rudi-J NI Product Owner

let me know if I can assist you. :)
    First thing you should aim at is to get MidiOX in between your Midi Controller and PRO. This means all messages sent out by the controller should be captured by MidiOX and then routed through to Tpro (and optionally vice versa if you let Tpro send out Data to your Control.) Use "Midi Device Assignments" to achieve that and observe what you have accomplished by opening "Monitor Screens/Windows" in Midi OX to display input and output traffic. (In TPro you may have to change some assignments for the Midi Devices though...)
    Once you achieved that and see bytes appearing in those monitoring screens as you touch your controls you're almost done...
    (Sorry i write all this from memory as I just arrived in the office where there is no TPro Workstation and all that...)

16. Araj

Araj Forum Member

Thanks RudiJ

I just haven't had the time to work out MIDIOX yet. I'll give it another look as soon as I do.

17. Gdawon

Gdawon NI Product Owner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.