1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

CPU / LATENCY TSP2 problem NI say something

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by leeway, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schranzinator

schranzinator NI Product Owner

run traktor.exe with realtime priority in taskmanager and audio problems are nearly gone !

in worst case gui and pc freezes for some seconds during analyzing but audio and midi runs and runs !

and ni must fix this high asio load caused by t(s)p2 audio engine.

traktor cpu is red (32 samples, 2 efx, 2 decks, key on and full +-, filter on).
    taskmanager cpu of traktor.exe is 7%.

2. leeway

leeway NI Product Owner

@schranzinator i changed prior but nothin happened :( still red bar pops and cracks

3. Steve Zorilow

Steve Zorilow NI Product Owner

yes or no, depending where it is located and what it's dependency with csrss.exe and lots of other stuff. But I go too far of the topic, and I'm not going to suggest someone I don't know to surf in the Windows Registry and do some mods in :D

Get rid of Avast too... ground zero :)

4. luisfmoreira

luisfmoreira Forum Member

Dude it's a bug. I'm having too on my mac, every time I use the DVS the processor peaks to red in traktor but not on OSX activity monitor. NI has to solve it.

Luis

5. scoobycarolan

scoobycarolan NI Product Owner

Hey Luis. What is your hardware and setup. Mac & PC are apples & oranges in this respect.

6. téa

téa NI Product Owner

Yep, any application that claims to speed up windows in that way is lying. Glary Utilities is good for cleaning registry, but anything that offers 'turbo' mode just adds another program for the computer to run.

Everything to speed up windows can be done in windows itself. msconfig/disk cleanup/processor scheduling/defrag/etc.

Maybe the CPU redline is a bug, but the teaks and latency things are applicable anyway.

7. leeway

leeway NI Product Owner

maybe, but cracks and pops? You think it's bug too ? I HOPE SO!

8. téa

téa NI Product Owner

Nah, the cracks and pops sound like audio issues form latency/driver/interference.

Did you try an older driver?

9. Rick Dangerous

Rick Dangerous NI Product Owner

Come on guys, as far as I understand it, leeway has good results with the
    newest audio driver and TP 1.2.7 and inacceptable results with the same
    drivers on the same machine with TP 2.0.1

And you are telling him to tweak his system ?
    No doubt it's the software !

10. leeway

leeway NI Product Owner

EXACTLY

11. Rapskallion

Rapskallion NI Product Owner

Thought I would post as i'm having exactly the same issue, Traktor 1.2.7 continues to perform flawlessly with the latest driver but i'm having no luck getting T2 to work with any kind of stability - same glitchy sound / drop outs and same issue with the cpu meter. Would like to resolve as I have a shiny new Kontrol X1 on its way to me ;)

12. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

On the other hand heaps of guys are raving about the software, how much better and more stable it is etc.

Blaming "the software" doesn't help fix the problem. Let's try nail down the specific problem and try and fix it instead playing the blame game.

13. téa

téa NI Product Owner

Thanks Czi,

I was not specifically blaming anything. I was identifying the things that have changed, and then trying to get people to test each variable. It is basic troubleshooting theory. That way he might identify the specific issue and then can share with the forum what it is.

Rick - It might not be the software as not every person is having the issue. It might be a specific combination of hardware interacting in a weird way with the software.

Raps - What OS are you using? What Hardware are you using?

An example of how the driver could be an issue - I cannot use any MAC driver for my Audio 8 after 2.3.14 as they are consistently causing issues. However the older 2.3.14 works perfectly. It is just my specific combination of hardware/software which causes the issue.

NOW - if we all get helpful, and try and identify the cause of the problem FIRST - by stating the obvious things to check and THEN moving onto the less obvious things (Occam's Razor?) we might help a fellow DJ to enjoy the worlds best DJ software! XD

14. Rick Dangerous

Rick Dangerous NI Product Owner

I'm not playing the blame game.

I'm just saying it's not driver related, it's the software that does not
    work with certain systems (Mac & PC) - I see different posts on this
    forum describing the same problem, it's not a single user experiencing
    this.

And I'm asking the question:
    What was introduced in V2.0.1 that makes Traktor 1.2.7 work and
    2.0.1 fail on certain systems ? It's obvious that it's not the "a little
    bit more CPU hungry" explanation that I read, it's some kind of new
    incompatibility with some systems introduced by the software.

15. peledj

peledj NI Product Owner

So I had the problem with the red peaks in the Traktor CPU load indicator. I once played around a bit and the "Windows Search" disabled.

Since then, rest with dropouts and the Traktor CPU load indicator is also back in the green :cool:

Give it a try

16. Rapskallion

I'm running windows xp, amd64, 4gb ram, audio 8.

To be honest had resigned myself to the fact that my pc was no longer man enough but if other people are having the same issues i'm hoping that it's something that can be resolved.

17. Shaloo

Shaloo NI Product Owner

The BEST driver for Audio 2, 4, 8 DJ is still 2.0.15 (PC not MAC). I switched back from 2.9.8 beta driver (although it worked flawless). The only issue i had with it was the CPU SPIKE. I think the problem is the new control panel of the driver (monitors too much in realtime). With the 2.0.15 driver i have no problem and no CPU SPIKE.

18. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

A couple of things... the Load meter in Traktor is a measure of load on Traktors Audio System. If its going red then you need to look at the Overall CPU load in task mnagle and see what that is doing.

Get DPC Latency checker and see what your DPC latencies look like.

Some things you might check on is turning _off_ Aero and Search. Also make certain you set file scan exclusions in your Antivirus for audio file types.

19. téa

téa NI Product Owner

Raps - Some AMD chip shave had problems with audio work. Google it an see what you can find out. Also, try the 2.0.15 driver and see if that helps? Have you tweaked out XP for pure audio processing power? XD

Leeway - Have you tried using the 2.0.15 driver? Also, have you tried the disable windows search/indexing tweak?

Rick - There are loads of new stuff in TSP2, so I would assume there has been alot of new coding. This will change the way the software interacts with the computer. 'Truwave' must use more cpu/gfx power (for example)

20. Rapskallion

Well cheers people, will try the suggestions and report back if i have any success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.