1. Bringing more to our online community - our forum is moving soon!
    We're excited to share more about our plans and information about the future of our online community
    Check our latest update in this thread
    Dismiss Notice

Cremona Quartet still NOT on install disk for K13U CE?

Discussion in 'NATIVE ACCESS' started by Jojo123, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Jojo123

Jojo123 NI Product Owner

Hi there,
    Im waiting on my K13U CE HDD option to arrive which I ordered from my local store over a week ago. It should be here tomorrow. I'm hearing people say that Cremona Q is not on the disk. That means I have to use Native Access to download it all on a fairly slow connection!
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...-the-komplete-installers.455447/#post-2102555 (post#9)
    "Or like for Cremona Quartet that is 80+ GB download and is not on installation disk, so it is always downloaded.... "

Can someone that has bought the HDD option confirm its still not on there? If its not, can I download the Cremona Quartet in sections?
    Thankyou!

2. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey Jojo,
    The masters for our Komplete hard-drive were finalised before the release and unfortunately Cremona Quarter libraries are not going to be available.
    You will need to download them via Native Access alongside a few other instruments.
    If it helps, we can send you direct link whenever you email our team here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

3. Jojo123

Jojo123 NI Product Owner

Hi Matt @ NI,
    Thankyou for your reply. :thumbsup: Really appreciate it! When I was looking at NI website for CQ I saw what I assumed would be four separate downloads for each of the products within the CQ as there was four sizes mentioned. Can I ask you to confirm if this is correct? I really hope so as my internet is capped at 60GBs a month and if I have to DL all the 80 or so GBs at once I'm going to have to talk to my ISP and I'm not sure how much notice I have to give them to up the limit. I'm not sure what the direct link does but if it's going to help my situation I'll be really greatful.

Thankyou.

EDIT: So hopefully these below can be downloaded separately?

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/cinematic/cremona-quartet/

Download size:
    Stradivari Violin 23.5 GB (about 39 GB uncompressed sample pool)
    Guarneri Violin 25.6 GB (about 42 GB uncompressed sample pool)
    Amati Viola 24.3 GB (about 40 GB uncompressed sample pool)
    Stradivari Cello 27.3 GB (about 45 GB uncompressed sample pool)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  4. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Yes, they're four different installers and libraries so you'll definitely be able to break it down in small parts.

5. Kubrak

Kubrak NI Product Owner

Using links you may distribute downloads to several months. Or you may ask someone to download it for you. Or you may download it in internet cafe, public wifi and so on.....

But if your concern is not to download 100 GB Cremona Quartet as one download, even Native Acces allow you to download and install the four individual libraries separately. So, you may for example install one, two per month to fit in download limit. If you do it now, you will need six weeks to make downloads in three callendar months. It is not that terrible...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  6. Jojo123

Jojo123 NI Product Owner

Matt @ NI thankyou. I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Even the 25ish GB downloads each are going to be milestones.

Kubrak, thankyou for your comments. I'm totally new to NI. I haven't installed Native Access yet or have an ID. I was hoping to do that when I have my product licence code. I'm STILL (very patiently) waiting for my package to arrive. So... I don't know how CQ works within NA (as one package or separate Instruments) hence why I asked the questions. I do realize we can install things in general within NA one at a time and dont have to do it all at once.

Yes the 100 or so GBs as one download is a concern as Im rural and can have power outages, and I have a slower broadband. I just rang my ISP and my 60GB cap is an old plan which I wont get back if I temporarily change it to unlimited. To get unlimited is going to cost a LOT extra every month thereafter so won't be going that route.

Yes spreading the downloads isn't terrible, as you say, but I've already used 20GBs this month so I think it'll be a bit more than 6 weeks getting this done depending on what else I have to download becasue its either not on the HDD or it needs to be updated.

7. Kubrak

Kubrak NI Product Owner

Electricity outage does not mind, I guess. It can go on afterwards, I guess. You may ask someone from your country to download it for you and send it on flashdisk/memory card by post.

In the worst case you will have to distribute your download to four callendar months. But if you have 60 GB/month and used alresdy 20 GB, There is 40 GB in June, say 45 GB in July and 45 GB in August. That's 130 GB, 100 GB is needed for CQ, and 30 GB might do for the rest.

If you have outages, it might be better to download individual CQ packages using links provided by NI on demand, than using NA.

8. Jojo123

Jojo123 NI Product Owner

Kubrak, ha ha your maths works out about right, but even so, I think I'd rather do the distributed method rather than get someone else. Yes I plan to use the link Matt gave me as I suppose this would make for a more stable and possibly quicker download for those with slower broadband? Meanwhile I wont be doing much until my package arrives and if it doesn't come by tomorrow I'll be starting to ask some serious questions.

9. Kubrak

Kubrak NI Product Owner

It may také some time, many people are updating now. June and December are always very busy time for NI.

If you have links for download, you may start downloading right now.

K13U CE has so many plugins that it takés months to evaluate it. So, generally no real problém if installation takes few months. Unless you need specifically Cremona Quartet. It is great library, no question, but someone who produces e.g. EDM and similar music may easily live without it.

10. Jojo123

Jojo123 NI Product Owner

Yes there will be much exploring to do. For sure its going to take many months. As it is Ive been reviewing and researching it for months now.

Ive just been into NI site scouting around trying to get sizes. Kontakt6 ? -, MassiveX(846Mbs) - Reaktor6 (207Mbs) - Absynth5 (1.2GB), FM8 (128Mbs) and battery4(216 Mbs) Cant find Kontakt size. Anyway someone was saying you should install these first. Theyre not that big, so Downloading them will be OK.

11. Kubrak

Kubrak NI Product Owner

I guess, most of the stuff will be installed from disk provided.
    One thing, one needs quite a lot of RAM to run plugins from QC. I have 16 GB and it is so, so.

12. Jojo123

Jojo123 NI Product Owner

They always say you can never have enough RAM. I have 40GB Ram, 27"2019 iMac w 8core processor so hopefully that'll help with some of the number crunching. Lots of things go into it I guess, like also keeping a lot of free space on internal and external SSDs.

Well I rang my local store and so far no sign anything has been delivered o_O. Getting a bit anxious now. ....So here I am now waiting for them to get back to me about whats going on. Ridiculous when NI can send something here in 6-8 days and I can't even get it sent from another region within my own country in that time.

13. Kubrak

Kubrak NI Product Owner

Your computer should do well. i have only old 4 core processor running at 2,1 GHz and 16 GB of RAM. High time to upgrade HW.

14. Jojo123

Jojo123 NI Product Owner

It was a real step up from my old Mac G4 which I used up until I got the new Mac, so yes, pretty happy.

Well finally - YES!!! Picked up my package - plus got a T7 2TB on a good deal. Was going to go for T5 2TB but the price was not that far below the T7 so I thought a little future proofing is not a bad thing. So Ive started the process of installing. Everyone mustve been sleeping in Germany cuz things were downloading here at a pretty good pace for a while. :)

Things are going pretty good so far but Ive had 3 things stall at the activation stage, so I'll see if I can find out whats going on with that.