Crossfader ON the Z2 calibration?

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z2' started by jessrox78, Nov 3, 2012.

1. thoms

thoms NI Product Owner

I like the fact that you give this sort of feedback. It gives me afeeling of not beeing totally ignored.
    NI....Learn from Elliot.

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

a)
    please only calibrate in the software. don't forget to calibrate the cut in knob on the front too, when calibrating the knobs! ;)

b)
    those who contacted support and didnt get an answer so far: please let me know the automated ticket number you got.

3. j-kut

j-kut Forum Member

I did when calibrating....

But is it routed to the software at all, cause it doesnt send a midi-signal?

4. dj sare

dj sare NI Product Owner

Many thanks Elliot Marx for the personal feedback.
    I like the inofader had previously never worked with inofader.
    Good job ;)
    I wish all a nice day

5. P-Sharp

P-Sharp New Member

Ticket#2012110510008985

Still waiting after I showed them my video of the cut lag

6. f33

f33 Forum Member

i actually started looking into this to, calibrated faders and knobs, and its off in traktor and in vinyl. i dont scratch that much, but it is a scratch mixer. I KNEW IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE lol.

still like the mixer, but somebody messed up

7. Stazbumpa

Stazbumpa NI Product Owner

I don't get why the faders need to switch from hardware to software to work in Traktor. The Z2 has the form of a scratch mixer so it just doesn't make sense to me. I get that the buttons and rotary controls need a digital equivalent in software, but the faders could've remained hardware and everyone would be happy and no need for any calibration.

This is probably why we don't see Craze doing his mental scratch thing in the vid. I really like this mixer, just horribly confused about this fader issue.

8. DJ Freshfluke

ok, then pls contact NI support on that.

9. DJ Freshfluke

not really, because then the post-fx wouldnt be possible... ;)

nope again. ;)

according to his facebook-account, there are 2 more videos to come, one of them focusing on scratching (while the first was focused on cue point juggling).

10. DJ Freshfluke

forwarded. let me hear the outcome.

11. DJSigma

DJSigma Forum Member

Sorry to hear about the issues you guys have been having with your Z2s. I set my Z2 up last night and thankfully, my crossfader is fine both with regular vinyl and time codes. The lag is small (1-2mm) and the cut in is very sharp. In fact, the crossfader is one of the best I've ever used.

I really wish they'd used the same loose mini Innofaders for the line faders though, as they're way too stiff for my liking. Elliot, if you're still around, when are replacement faders going to go on sale? I want to buy some more loose ones to replace the line faders!

12. j-kut

j-kut Forum Member

I confirmed the issue also with the local stores display unit...

uneven deadspace on the crossfader (app 2,5 and 5mm) and also with the guys from the store I found that the faders don´t work correctly when they´re halfway open/closed.

e.g. move the faders slowly up/down and you will see that the software-faders in traktor´s mixer start to jitter. This is worse on the right linefader than on the left one...

I´m starting to think we all either got a bad batch or it´s firmware issue, but people saying their cut and lag is on spot speak against the firmware issue imo.
    ---
    So since NI told me they can´t manage to exchange it right now, and that they also have no replacement faders available, I returned it to the store for repair or exchange and hope that goes faster.

Now after spending 800 bucks i´m doing this weekend with my old pmc05pro3 and an ESI U46.... LOL
    ---
    Update: interesting turn of events just got a mail from NI saying the store shall replace my unit right away! Let's see how that works out.

Anyway big up the support in my case!

13. f33

f33 Forum Member

ive seen craze, klever and a-trak all kill a djm800 crossfader, so surely its not that much different. i just thought it would be sharper than the 800, which i left from a ttm 57(which was perfect), but it really isnt.

14. Stazbumpa

Stazbumpa NI Product Owner

I'm sorry, I don't follow. The faders need to work in software so post-FX can work? At the risk of sounding like a colossal idiot, aren't the faders just volume controls, or do they do something else in software mode that they don't do in hardware?

Please believe me when I say I want to be completely wrong about everything I said in my previous post. If the innofaders are quick enough in software then I'll be more than happy with getting a Z2 to complete my setup. I'll keep an eye out for Craze's vids.

15. j-kut

j-kut Forum Member

Got a replacement Z2,

same problem, plus the left loop and the browse encoder act up. (if you turn them cw, they will send ccw-messages every 3rd or 4th click)

Someone really messed up....

16. P-Sharp

P-Sharp New Member

They gave me a new cross fader but I'm still getting lags. 2mm on both sides

17. f33

f33 Forum Member

did anyone try the crossfader calibration that was mentioned with graphic on the first page?

18. j-kut

j-kut Forum Member

I did, no improvement though.

19. sjwkzn

sjwkzn New Member

20. photojojo

photojojo Forum Member

As soon as you connect the Z2 to a computer you're mixing internally through the software.