1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Crossfader ON the Z2 calibration?

Discussion in 'KONTROL Z2' started by jessrox78, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Stazbumpa

Stazbumpa NI Product Owner

So I understand, I just don't see the point in it. There is a certain amount of latency when manipulating the time code vinyls, adding further latency on cross or line faders just doesn't make sense to me.
    Anyway, as long as I can do quick cuts and some basic scratching I'll be happy enough. The more lag sensitive scratching can be done in hardware mode with proper vinyls.

2. j-kut

j-kut Forum Member

I don´t think you add lag/latency this way, as the TC-signal and fader movement are sent syncroniously to the pc.

3. photojojo

photojojo Forum Member

I don't use the cross fader so I never payed much attention to it. I checked this morning and at the sharpest cut I would get both decks at full volume regardless of fader position. I calibrated knobs and faders and there was no difference. Then I calibrated knobs and faders, but this time I calibrated the cut knob along with the other knobs. I now have a very sharp cut with 1-2mm of travel.

4. f33

f33 Forum Member

this what i should have said, sharp cut, lots of travel on both vinyl and timecode. not cool

5. jotalink

jotalink New Member

...sick of waiting for next updates and next updates and next updates...

6. DJ KRuZe

DJ KRuZe New Member

I have had the same problem. When the crossfader is on the right sound some sound leaks thru occasionally. I have done the software recalibration for the crossfader and it has not worked, the problem persists. From what I can see it is definitely a software issue as I have tried traditional vinyl and no problems whatsoever. The crossfader is the best feeling fader I have used and Im a scratch DJ, my last mixer was a Vestax PMC 05 Pro mk4 which did have midi capable faders. I would really like to see the guys at Audio Innovate offer the "loose tension" mini innofader as an after market option for this mixer as I also do alot of scratching on the line faders and these are ok...but have a lil too much resistance for my liking. Hopefully the guys at NI are taking these posts into consideration as this is one incredible mixer, it just needs the bugs and glitches sorted out as quickly as possible.

7. DJ KRuZe

DJ KRuZe New Member

I take back my last reply...it is a hardware issue! I have just had another scratch sesh with traditional vinyl and again the same problem...leaking sound thru the right to the left. This is quite disappointing as this mixer is incredible and the innofaders have such a good reputation. I have not yet recalibrated my crossfader with the hardware button but may have to very very soon. This is a problem for me I as I purchased my mixer from San Fransisco and I live in Western Australia so that now has me concerned on how to handle this regarding warranty? Looks like I may just need to buy an Innofader Pro

8. No-L

No-L New Member

Has any one got an answer from NI about the cross fader?

Having the same problem, should i just exchange it at the store?

Thanks

9. DJ KRuZe

DJ KRuZe New Member

Im still waiting for reply. My crossfader is bleeding right to left almost 100% of the time now and has even started bleeding left to right. Im really eager to hear back from NI coz apart from the crossfader and paint wearing problem the mixer is the bomb.

10. a1beats

a1beats Forum Member

i got an email from Carlos (NI support) and he said my "new tested" crossfader went out yesterday. i'll post up once i get it and install/test it.

11. dj_walshyboy

dj_walshyboy NI Product Owner

I would like to see some more people chime in here and say that the mixer is OK for them.. It may not be the right thread but it is the busiest and all this has put me off getting one for now.. and I really want one of these babies

12. photojojo

photojojo Forum Member

My Z2 and crossfader are fine for me.

13. DJXCAL

DJXCAL NI Product Owner

+1

14. DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well New Member

Mine's also been perfect straight out the box with no issues so far.

15. Aklim

Aklim New Member

No major issues here, this is a dope mixer with a great layout. Fader feels good with no bleed after a good amount of scratching, although I don't like hearing about those here with bleed already.

Paint has worn off already (1 week - wtf?) on right side of cross fader but support confirmed that they will send out a replacement cover when they have the part available. I would prefer they don't use the shiny glossy middle panel for overall durability...it reminds me of my old technics dmc mixer.

Other than this, it is a smoof mixer...

16. DJ KRuZe

DJ KRuZe New Member

Received an email from NI today and this was mentioned in the email:

Please switch on you Z2 holding the follwing buttons:
    FX 2 A + FX 2 B + Cue A

I did this and the bleeding problem seems to be gone. I have just been scratching on both sides for about 1 hour, and it has not bled once! Maybe this is another way of recalibrating the software and the one in the Traktor Preferences may have a glitch. Im still waiting back from NI with further info on this and also the crossfader paint wearing out (but thats another thread) and will keep y'all posted.

17. photojojo

photojojo Forum Member

That's interesting. Concerning the crossfader paint they've already told several people, myself included that they will send out new faceplates under warranty as soon as they are available.

18. dj_walshyboy

dj_walshyboy NI Product Owner

This is encouraging.. I always wondered why people had issues with NI products.. so I was surprised and disappointed at the negative feedback on the Z2.. once it seems to stabilize I'm getting one.

gonna keep an eye on this thread.. thanks guys

19. P-Sharp

P-Sharp New Member

i already swap two cross faders with NI.. the new one i just got now BLEEDS:angry: the fix the cut lag now for me but now im having the Bleeding problem:(

20. thoms

thoms NI Product Owner

Have you tried this advice?