1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Direct support removed for Software issues???

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by hlf, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

Hi, Community Man. I personally appreciate your message. The growing gap between NI and its userbase on this forum is egregious. We understand NI's policy on updates. You don't tell us something about a product or feature until it is ready for release and consumption. (I find it wild that I've heard so much about Massive X before its release, but never mind.) However, we were once told that MCU support would return and Song Layer Mode would be given. Then, we found out that they were not (by admission or absence) going to be given to us. No one came back to say that the timeline changed.

We are adults. We can handle bad news as long as it is communicated to us. Is it possible for the Komplete Kontrol team to just keep us updated and tell us if we will indeed get the Transport Controls back? Can they simply tell us how far they have gotten? If you all are being instructed to pause development on the Jam and MCU for building Sounds integration into Maschine, can you just let us know? NI doesn't have to show its entire hand just to respect communication and desires of the clients that support it.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tim @ NI

Tim @ NI Director | Music Production NI Team

Hi All

I am Tim, the Director of Products for Music Production Software that Keir mentioned earlier in the thread.

I would like to add my thanks for your feedback; I am very much looking forward to working with the community in this new role. Whilst I cannot respond directly to all threads, my colleagues and I do read *every* forum post and it is fed into our planning process.

Regarding KOMPLETE KONTROL, we are currently finalising the software for the new A-Series keyboards that will be released next week. This work will continue for the remainder of the year during which time we will work on the accessibility features, Cubase / Nuendo support and a few smaller refinements that we want to make.

I am not able to share timelines beyond these features at this stage for the reasons that Keir has mentioned above, but I can tell you that there are some exciting developments in the pipeline that we are all looking forward to sharing with you.

Thanks again. Best wishes,
    Tim

• Like Like x 2
  3. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Is MCU including in that new A-Series software?

4. Tim @ NI

Tim @ NI Director | Music Production NI Team

Hi HammyHavoc

This release brings support for A-Series keyboards only. It will not include MCU Transport control.

Best,
    Tim

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. HammyHavoc

So is MCU for both the KKMK2 and A-Series included in the accessibility work for the remainder of the year?

6. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hello,

We are moving into a planning phase for the next quarter, but it is not currently expected to be a part of the releases in 2018.

Best,
    Adil

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. HammyHavoc

Thank you so much for the straight answer at last. :- ) Please, do more of this with anything NI does.

• Like Like x 2
  8. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Hi Tim, many thanks for sharing and appreciate that a change in communication already experienced.
    I'll try to shut up and not asking further about the "exciting developments"... :)

(but when and what? - sorry... :D)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Xyenz Fyxion

Oh my Goddess, finally some clear communication. This is better than the open letter. No sarcasm here, guys. Thank you for responding. Hearing that you are reading the forums has eased some of the tension I have been feeling. I hope you continue to respond directly and clearly like this.

While I would love a date for when MCU will be worked on, I am comforted with the belief that you will keep communicating and that it is still in the backlog. I don't need or want the A-series. And, I think NI should take care of MCU first. However, I understand selling new hardware to generate more revenue. Just don't forget the gear you made and sold (HW & SW). Also, as constructive criticism, I urge you all to 'KOMPLETE' your products before release.

But, you make great gear. We appreciate the innovation that NI has brought to musicians. Please, take notice to the onslaught of feature requests. This happens because we love the gear and see the potential. Every feature won't be added, but I'm sure you are aware of several requests that have been begged for over the years. (This thread is pretty long, but you can use it: https://www.native-instruments.com/...elease-wish-list-for-feature-requests.228091/)

If you need help with that planning phase, we are a valuable resource~ Thanks, again. And, Godspeed.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Kevin McAndrew

Kevin McAndrew NI Product Owner

This feels partly contradictory to me, assuming that you guys broadly follow the Agile manifesto (for software development)?

Sure, if you're responding to change then I can see it's hard to predict precise timelines, but if customer collaboration means anything to you, then why can't you be more transparent and keep us updated - regularly - of progress on key developments (whether that be good or bad news - we're all grown ups)?

In fairness, I can see an improvement in communication in recent weeks and that's great, but what would be even better (and perhaps you're working on this already?) would be to have a clear-ish indication (even a broad overview) of the current path you're taking.

As a practical example, if I knew that MCU/Transport DAW support for KK MK2 was likely 6 months away, that makes me very likely to wait 6 months before I upgrade from my KK S61 MK1 (i.e. I still give you my money!). But if I'm kept in the dark, I'm more likely to start looking seriously at the alternatives. And even if one day that 6 months changes to 9 months...well, at least I know, and I'm likely to appreciate the information.

Hopefully you're on this and have plans, and it looks like NI have perhaps realised now that the worst thing you can do is keep your customers in the dark.

Cheers :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Xyenz Fyxion

This! ALL of THIS!

We may achieve more progress by using the NI Support site and Centercode. We have to at least try. I just left a post here:
    https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115004433369/comments/360000131298

• Like Like x 1
  12. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Dear Native fellows ;) , as we're approaching the end of Q4 would be there some news/updates for us please?

13. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Ping...

14. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Tim@NI, Adil@NI please have a look.

15. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Guys, something was promised a few months ago and I can't see the progression... Would be there anyone to step in to prove that wasn't just a bluff?

16. Kevin McAndrew

Kevin McAndrew NI Product Owner

Please could I ask you how this is going? I'm sure you guys have numerous priorities but I haven't detected much change here. Thanks.

17. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Chaps, comeooon.... this silence doesn't look good :-/

18. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hello,

We have some exciting new updates coming as part of Komplete Kontrol 2.1.0, which include support for Loops & Samples including drag & drop to plug-ins and your DAW's timeline, support for any MIDI device (not just Komplete Kontrol keyboards) and more. MCU Transport Control will not be part of this release, but is something we hope to deliver in the future.

Please see this page for further information about the upcoming Komplete Kontrol release:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-kontrol/

Best,
    Adil

19. hlf

hlf NI Product Owner

Hi Adil,

Many thanks for the update, this looks interesting... When could we have a look into the Release Notes?

20. Syntraxx

Syntraxx NI Product Owner

" MCU Transport Control will not be part of this release, but is something we hope to deliver in the future. "

I hope the near future...