Display problems with Touch bar Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Bert Patroons, Dec 26, 2016.

1. jimmyv

jimmyv NI Product Owner

Don't run high sierra. Downgrade to sierra.

2. Bert Patroons

Bert Patroons NI Product Owner

The problem is the same in Sierra and High Sierra. Still no fix...

There are two options: NI is too busy working on TP3 to fix small issues in TP2, or they don't care.

3. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

The only "fix" I've found with the S8/S5/D2 is to run Traktor (2.11.1) in fullscreen and then switch to your Desktop space. This way the Traktor window is no longer rendered, but the S8/S5/D2 screens are still rendered, with minimal stuttering. Of course this doesn't help if you want to search for tracks on your laptop, or if you don't own the S8, S5 or D2.

4. Bert Patroons

Really? When I switch to the desktop the S5 screens stop rendering altogether and just freeze... Isn't that normal?

5. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

The S8/S5/D2 screen freezing was fixed in Traktor 2.11.1. NI just didn't bother to mention it in the changelog.

6. Bert Patroons

Nice! Didn't notice that yet.

7. Morten Thomsen

Morten Thomsen New Member

Karlos Santos, do you know if NI is working on this issue? I just purchased a brand new MacBook Pro and experience the exact same problem.

Thank you :)

8. Tom Tyron

Tom Tyron New Member

MBP 15'' 2017, 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM

Same problem here.......!!

9. Morten Thomsen

I have been in touch with NI support - who were very helpfull - and here is what we have tried so far (without any luck, unfortunately).

Complete reinstall of MacOS (formatted the drive first), and made the following settings:

· FileVault disabled
    · AppNap disabled
    · Spotlight indexed searching disabled
    · All energy saving options disabled
    · WiFi was disabled
    · Bluetooth was disabled
    · Use low resolution enabled (Traktor)
    · 48KHz sample rate enabled (Traktor)

No other software or drivers was installed - only Traktor 2 and a clean OS.

I'm running on a 2 week old MacBook Pro 13" with touch bar, 3.1GHz CPU, 512GB HD and 16GB memory, running MacOS 10.13.2. I had no issues at all on my nearly 3 year old MacBook Pro 13" running MacOS 10.12, even without all the features mentioned above disabled.

Conclusion: this is either related to the new MacBook Pro hardware or MacOS 10.13.2. Can someone please confirm and help with a solution, as it is impossible to perform with this issue.

Thank you :)

Best,
    Morten

10. TiagoAfonso

TiagoAfonso New Member

I have more friends with the same problem :mad::confused:

11. Morten Thomsen

Thank you, this is exactly what I'm experiencing! :)

12. paragraff22

paragraff22 New Member

HI! Same problem -
    But I have same problem with a game, and the game is purchased from App Store. I start to think maybe the problem is not in Traktor... Yesterday I make a clean install of High Sierra, last version of Traktor, but without any result.

13. TiagoAfonso

TiagoAfonso New Member

I found the reason of the problem, playing in a club with a LED panel behind me.

Hummmm, in this case can be a problem in MacOS. I Tried Disable auto Bright, and nightshift but the problem remains. :(