1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Documentation / manual : a "what's new" would be great

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by Will Zégal, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Will Zégal

Will Zégal NI Product Owner

Hi,

I didn't found any "what's news" manual for the recent Maschine upgrades. I've dived into 2.5 manual and it's so boring because it's the whole manual of the software. A huge amount of reading for just a few informations for seasoned users.

So it would be great rather a separate document or at least a special chapter for long-time users with all the news functions.

It's also the same with Maschine Jam. The manual recommend to read Machine 2.5 manual first, than Maschine Jam manual where all the basics of Maschine are explained again. I agree newcomers should read Maschine manual first, but in this case, why repeat same things in Jam manual ?

And for advanced users who just want to go directly to Jam features, reading the whole manual is also boring and a loss of time as we already know a large bunch of what is explained.

I could understand NI thinks most new users wont really read Maschine's manual before reading Jam's manual, so there's a lot of things to explain. But in this case, why don't we have a chapter like "if you already know Maschine" or a different color to highlight the specific features and functions of Jam ?

thanks for thinking about it.