1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Solved does midi drag and drop sound different to anyone outside of maschine?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by StarSMASH, Mar 14, 2020.

1. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

I have midi inside of maschine on a serum synth. I dragged and dropped the midi into my DAW onto a serum software instrument. although the settings in my synth are the exact same (saved the preset and loaded it in my DAW), it sounds different. The release sounds harsh inside my DAW upon export on a pad and abruptly drops out compared to the smooth lush sound inside maschine. i dont have any other processing on either channel in maschine OR logic which is weird or anything different going on in my matrix in either instance of serum. The volume levels are the same too.

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I rebuild projects in DAW all the time and nothing ever sounded different.
    There must be something you're missing... Maybe you have modulation in Maschine? Macros? Send FX? Group/Master processing?

3. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

me too, which is why i'm surprised this is happening. i'll triple check, but i definitely don't have any processing in maschine. I'm starting to lean towards the Serum processing, but it is something very subtle.

edit- i couldn't find the problem so i just did the obvious and saved the preset under a new name and loaded it up in logic. it is fine now, so it must've been something in Serum that i tweaked that was subtle but not visible to my eye. thanks.