Download Failed: Unknown error

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by sytrusze, Aug 1, 2019.

1. sytrusze

sytrusze NI Product Owner

Attached Files:

2. Zaubermac

Zaubermac New Member

Greetings!

I had the same error, on the same file, on the same day, so I'm guessing it isn't you! I'm running Mac OS 10.14.4. I fixed this by opening downloads and installing it directly from the .iso installer. Just make sure the installer is pointing to the same install location as the Native Access configured install path. If you didn't change them, it's prob the same by default. It installed without error and Native Access updated the status to 'installed' when I relaunched it. The installer requires a fair amount of permissions, I'm guessing the script from the Native Access installer is butting heads with the Mac OS security changes. I've installed this on this same laptop under 10.12 and never had any issues.

Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. yellowtone

yellowtone New Member

I had this same issue this evening, but it only occurred after I changed my download preferences. When I did that, I made the content location the same as the download location. As soon as I changed the download location so that each preference was a different location, I had no issues with downloads. Seems odd that you can't have the same location for multiple file types but in any case, this resolved the issue for me. Hope you have been able to resolve the issue on your end.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sytrusze

Hey guys, thanks for the responses! I just tried again today (didn't change any settings, just clicked on install again) and it worked...lol must have been a connection issue or something.

Anyway, solved now. Thanks!

5. yellowtone

yellowtone New Member

Hey sytrusze, it turns out while I thought the issue was fixed on my end, it is not. Some plugins download and install just fine, while others fail. It seems random. Another odd issue is that I was able to download and install Halcyon Sky, but it only appears in KK, not in Kontakt libraries. I will try more tonight and tomorrow but it definitely seems like there's some intermittent issues going on with Native Access.

6. sytrusze

7. yellowtone

yellowtone New Member

Hi sytrusze , yes, I tried that. My results with downloads are really inconsistent. Not sure if it's something going on on NI's end or user error on my part. So far, if I wait a day and try again I'm having more luck. So I'll keep trying until I get everything from Komplete 12 on my SSD. If I can't get something to work I'll have to reach out to NI I suppose.

8. sytrusze

Hmmm that's weird. Do you have your SSD formatted to Mac journaled? I assume you do but just trying to think of all possibilities

If you do, I assume it's on NI's end because you have more luck each day. Same situation I had, but my problem was just with one of the Komplete plugins...hope you can figure it out!