1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi all!

A quick update on our Summer of Sound sale, which went live earlier this week. While the sale has already been active both on our website and with retailers worldwide, we felt that it was not the right time to do any marketing around it. We felt that there were more important voices and messages that needed to be heard during this time.

We know that this a popular sale and that many of our regular customers look forward to this event each year, so we just wanted to let you know why we have not communicated about it so far. All communication will be going live on Monday, in the meantime, we hope that you will find something in our sale that excites you. Stay safe and happy music making.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Downsides to 2khz Tracking?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by vinylzen, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekh

rekh Forum Member

-------
    Quote: Unfortunately, almost all common cartridges/needles lose all their left/right phase accuracy above 8 kHz.
    -------

left/right shouldn't be an issue because TS work with a single channel aswell ..

And that's really what sets it apart, i've been to several gigs where the pickups have lost one signal on several occasions during a longer session, and I didn't even notice it at first, hehe :)

but other than that it's really no issue for me, i don't scratch, i beatmatch, so the extra features like effects, 4 timecode synced players (on T3 here), midi/key assignment system and possibility of internal mixing and multicore cables (every club should have those, they work with serado and the other systems just as good as TS) and a beautyful interface with midi i/o is what makes the difference for me ..

try the system, but don't be surprised if you don't notice any spectacular tracking difference between different systems in 99% of the cases. it's the software imo that sets the systems apart, and the one to choose is a highly subjective issue ..

2. albertc

albertc Forum Member

But...There's more development being done on A8 software & drivers?

3. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

^^Well there was a new driver just released, they haven't given it up for dead yet, LOL.

4. progen

progen NI Product Owner

Traktor Scratch works! Period. And I know this topic centers heavily on vinyl BUT if we're talking about the 2KHz timecode itself being a cause of fast backspin problems, that's bullshit. I use CDJ1000MK3s exclusively for the time being and I like having the friction controls set to their lowest. One of the player's friction control is screwed so a fair spin will take it about 3 - 5 seconds. Don't hear no loss there.

5. vinylzen

vinylzen Forum Member

CD players are probably a different story, it's mostly up to the CD player itself. I know that several Denon models had trouble with tracking during scratches, especially in relative mode in Traktor Scratch and SSL, but were fixed with recent firmware updates from Denon

6. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Don't forget, NI developed this timecode model. It's not just a MS Pinky or FS rip off.

So technically they are the only ones that know how to most accurately decode it.

7. vinylzen

vinylzen Forum Member

Yeah, but I think you could've made more sense in your argument

From what I understand...
    hz is not a measurement of loudness but is a cyclical measurement, a frequency. A higher frequency generally means a higher pitch in the control tone. Therefore, in especially slow vinyl movement, the same movement of a 2khz tone is more recognizable to the DVS (as well as to the human ear) than a 1 khz tone. And to compensate, Traktor Scratch has unique AD/DA converters and the works.

8. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

The 2khz tone is higher in pitch which is given, that's why I didn't dwell on that point.

Since it is a higher frequency it can provide more data across the signal.

However, it is still louder than the 1khz signal as well. So not only is there more information available in a 2khz carrier, it's also louder.

I have both types of vinyl and have listened to both signals. If you drag the 1khz control vinyl slowly, the signal is very quiet. With the 2khz control vinyl, you still have a very audible signal at slow speeds.

So it's not just the AD/DA conversion, the actual carrier provides a better signal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.