Edirol UA-25 + Traktor 3.... not working :( Help!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by Mr Sonik, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Sonik

Mr Sonik New Member

Hey everyone!

im a canadian DJ, i just purchased Traktor 3 + the edirol UA-25... i was told the edirol UA-25 would be a good purchase....

now here the thing... when all is installed.. traktor only recognises one audio output channel... so i cant specify, the monitoring to the phones, and the master to the R/L outputs.

i have litterally tried everything... i have contacted Roland ( the makers)... and they always seem to answer without actually telling me anything!, they kinda just turn in circles :(.

should i return this 300$ piece of metal... or is their a way to get it to work with traktor....

thanks to anyone who could help :).

Mr Sonik.

2. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Welcome Mr Sonik. There is nothing wrong with the Edirol UA-25 but sadly it looks like you've been misinformed about its specifications. To be able to monitor and play in stereo you need TWO sets of stereo outputs and from the site specs the UA-25 only has one pair of stereo outs.

http://www.roland.com/products/en/UA-25/specs.html

Considering it costs $300 I personally would take it back and pick up something else, perhaps by M-Audio or another of the Edirol units. The FA-101 is $374CDN at Moog Audio, and the FA-66 is $299. I'm actually checking both out this weekend...just have to sneak away from the wifey while she's at her audition and run to the store before she can drag me away LOL.

3. Mr Sonik

Mr Sonik New Member

Thanks for the reply Telly!,

ya i guess i was very misinformed,.... i also bought it at moog audio :S... guess the guy didnt know what he is talking about.

i'm new to the Digital Mixing era loll.

anyways thanks i'll check out those models for sure :)!

Mr S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.