1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Effect section in Traktor 3.3 - read if you are having problems

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by Thomas @ NI, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

Hi everybody,

It seems that some of you have not read the information text that the Traktor 3.3 installer shows you when you apply the update. It says:

"Due to changes in the effects section, you might have to adjust existing MIDI assignements for some of its functions".

Please follow this advice and you might find that eventual problems that you have with the effects in Traktor 3.3 will go away.

Regards, Thomas

2. slowintrepid

slowintrepid New Member

Hey Thomas, I think we all saw that. The problem is, the channel effect on button is hard wired to button 4, and button 4 is no longer the effect on button in Traktor 3.3

I don't really see a work around for this. Unless you remapped the effects buttons to be backwards which I think would personally be confusing for me.

3. selector97

selector97 NI Product Owner

no fx problems here..delyay seems to work a little different, everything else as usual..

4. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

huh? i dont understand what you mean with hardwired? you just assign every button to your liking, so just re-assign your mapping?

5. palaeo-tech

palaeo-tech NI Product Owner

Read the manual and familiarise yourself better with the MIDI learn functions in Traktor and you'll find that you can program whatever button you want to on your controller to take care of on/off switching. I use an Oxygen 25 and have programmed all 25 keys to such functions . . . . it ain't hard but you have to do the work yourself.

6. chill

chill NI Product Owner

@native girl
    the problem with my vci-100 is explained just very simple.
    the effect section itsself works fine. instead of turning an effect on or off with the right button you have to use the left button of the effect section right now.
    you don't even have to remap anything.
    BUT
    unfortunately the vci's left effect button to turn an effect on does not correspond with the effect button above the cue buttons, with wich you were able to turn on or off an effect in t3.2. but this is definetely a vestax problem.
    :-(
    --------------------------------------------------------
    while reading the above, i have to admit, that it is probably not that easy to understand my problem, if you are not sitting infront of the unit.

cheers
    chill

7. jay michael

jay michael Forum Member

where is the new manual?

8. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

autogain still does unneeded amplification to already 0db tracks.

please add 2 ways of autogain to traktor/traktor scratch

selectable under options:

1. gain calculated by its average volume (the way how it is done at the moment)
    2. gain calculated by its peak value. (the way it was done in early traktor versions) so sound quality fetishists like me can be 100% sure that nothing gets distorted during playback.

thank you

9. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

Button reassignments didn't eliminate a freeze function, make the reverb wimpy, or cause the delay to be on automatically and to stick when implemented. Take a look at the nature of the complaints on the main T33 thread -- they ain't about control repositioning (though unstacking the filters is still Big Moby Stoopid, hardly a minority opinion)

10. DJH

DJH NI Product Owner

Effects Section - still having problems...

Hi Thomas & NG,

Yep, read that - removed & re-mapped midi functions to new effects setup.

Even tried with no midi & just mouse...

Still same issues of Volume level differences when switching between beatmasher and any other effect (With the effects turned OFF).

Will have time to play around more when I get home...
    <sigh> Weekends should really be 3 days long !

DJH

11. selector97

i can confirm this. volume changes when moving the "amount" fader of the beat masher even when it´s off.

would also like to have to "put" button for the reverb back. this was a great function to let certain parts "explode"... :-(

cheers

12. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

It seems that there are two new concepts in the T3.3 effects that are probably easy to misunderstand:

The "Amount" parameter is effectively a crossfade blend between the dry and wet signal. So if you turn it up beyond 50%, the dry signal drops in volume once the effect is engaged. If fully turned right, you will have 100% wet and 0% dry signal.

Also, the "On" button effectively turns the input of the effect on and off, the output of the effect is "hardwired" back into the signal path. This is so the reverb and delay tails are not cut off. If you want to mute the effect instantly, you need to instead set the effect amount to 0.

Regards, Thomas

13. selector97

That means setting the amount to 50% and turning the reverb on an off shortly will sound like a punch in (former "put" button" and the effect fades out. ? right

gonna try this later on.

14. rocdollar

rocdollar NI Product Owner

I have reported the beatmasher amount rotary bug so it should get rolled into the next update :)

15. keng~

keng~ NI Product Owner

I think that Fx section in T3.3 is More Professional than the Fx section of 3.2, the fact that I can switch between FX in Real Time also without turn back on the FX, IMHO, is more pro!

the only problem is with beatmasher, but I can read that this is a bug!

other problem is that quant button is not engaged by default.

Now that I've read this thread, I can figure that reverb put-in fuction can be reproduced also in T3.3, what's the problem dudes?

tnks NI, great work!

I can reproduce the same delay FX of the 3.2 with this parameter,

what's the difference in the sound?

with this setup you can freeze and DE-freeze all the times...

:)

:)

Attached Files:

16. animashaun

animashaun New Member

Route the effects

I need to route the channel effects (f.ex to out 5/6 on Audio 8DJ, like posibble in traktor scratch) to a separate input/channel on my external mixer so that the effects still stays when I pull down the fader(s). Is this option gone or is there still a way to solve this?

17. rocdollar

I'd like to know if this is possible WITHOUT having TS installed with 3.3.

18. DJ Freshfluke

well - if you had only mentioned that you use the VCI in a former posting...

i would be very surprisedif you could not change this in the traktor midi hotkey settings.

same here... but indeed i dont have an VCI and i dont know if there is some special thing going on there. usually you can re-assign any button on a midi-mixer to your liking. maybe some of the VCI users here can help or you contact support.

19. DJ Freshfluke

20. rocdollar

I hadn't seen this but after reading it I am still confused... I don't have a 'mixer' as I use the internal traktor mixer and I'm not sure what he means by 'the effect send' :S

"- connect the effect send of your mixer to an input of your sound card"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.