1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Expansion packs & Battery 4

Discussion in 'BATTERY' started by RSP, Nov 19, 2020.

1. RSP

RSP New Member

I just got the District Xeo Expansion pack and I can use the synth presets as I already have Massive and Monark. I also understand that you can import Expansions drum kits into Ableton's Drum Rack.

So.... is there any reason to get Battery 4? For example, are there any features in the pre-assembled drum kits that I can only take advantage of in Battery (and not Ableton's drum rack)?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

AFAIK Maschine expansions don't contain Battery kits but I am not 100% on that.

3. Murat Kayi

Murat Kayi NI Product Owner

Yes, expansions usually abound in battery kits.
    Battery has in depth per sample editing and fx built-in, if you are into tweaking. I don't know what Ableton's drum rack can do. One thing I found to be enormous fun is that due to the vast amount of cells/sounds a single battery kit can hold, using an arpeggiator to trigger them across several octaves is a great way to spice up percussive tracks. If you hold down an odd number of keys it quickly gets polymetric without sounding too repetetive.

But that is from the perspective of a Komplete owner who happens to find Battery lying around in the spacious virtual vaults of this huge collection. I really can't say, if I'd buy it as a single product

4. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

The samples would be the same in the Battery version (just rearrange to fit the layout).I suppose It would all comes down to the features available via Battery itself like Murat is detailing.