1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Export maschine midi to DAW in one cohesive manner

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by StarSMASH, Feb 23, 2020.

1. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

I started off with maschine standalone and have midi patterns from massive i want to export into my DAW (Logic). I can't "save with samples" because it saves it as an .mxprj file, and when i click "export midi", i can only do it with one pattern at a time. is there any way to do this in one export across several patterns from maschine standalone? i'm aware of the click and drag option as well, but wanted to consume time if i'm far into the project.

I'm also guessing there is no way to save the scenes in midi? I feel like i'm asking for too much, but i already have a good chunk of my arrangement laid out in standalone and want to continue in VST mode, but i'm having to export each pattern one by one instead of one big export in midi where i can seamlessly continue. I know i can just load the project itself as it is, but then i lose the default logic template with routing that i already have set up. If i open the group with samples + patterns in the default logic template, then i lose my arrangement. I can't win.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  2. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Ohh yes Export midi like export audio would be really helpful. You could only route midi into your daw and record it that is maybe easier than drag and drop, even if not faster.

Uwe

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

I see. I want to bypass maschine automation, so I typically open massive / kontakt as a separate plug in in my DAW though, so that sucks.

The other thing is, am I unable to export the pitch wheel changes I've made in the sounds as midi? It also seems to only work for audio

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Never tried it with PW data to record - tomorrow I'm back at my computer and if I don't forget it I will try out normally it should go through to the daw if you record it. But internal maschine automation unfortunately not.

Uwe

• Like Like x 1