1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Fatal error installing Kontakt 5

Discussion in 'Technical Issues - KOMPLETE (Archive)' started by Theseeqer, May 28, 2015.

1. Theseeqer

Theseeqer Member

Hello.
    I keep getting a fatal error installing a new version of Kontakt 5 as it needs to install over an older version and i have tried many times via various routes with the same results. After this message, the installation screen says i need to un install the older version which i have and nothing relating to it shows up in ADD/Remove or in other remove tools . It says it exists in service centre but clicking more details shows red text saying "Unable To Locate Stand-alone" . It appears to be looking in App Data / Native Instruments for some log file or error log but there is nothing pertaining to this in that location and nothing for Kontakt . I have hidden files and folders on show all so they are not hidden.

I can not use any of my libraries and such, until i sort this and it has been almost a week. I got it with Komplete and i think it also come with Maschine 2. I have opened a support ticket but i am trying to solve this myself in the mean time. Any ideas ? Or, has anyone had anything the same and what resolved it, if you did?

2. Theseeqer

Theseeqer Member

PS, i have cleaned the registry with CCleanrer as well.