1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Favoriting presets from MK3

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by chrys, Jul 11, 2019.

1. chrys

chrys NI Product Owner

Seems like this is a simple fix, any chance of it being in the next update? Right now you cannot favorite a sound from the hardware with shift+star. Have to do it manually with a mouse :/

2. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Just works here without any problem.
    You can find more information in the manual pag. 203.

René

3. chrys

chrys NI Product Owner

Should have mentioned I meant the Mikro Mk3... Imagine you have Studio?

4. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

Does the Mikro show the on-screen browser like the S-series mk1 and A-series keyboards? If so, you should be able to hold shift and click the main rotary encoder while the browser is open (and the preset list has focus) to favorite things. Also, you can push up to highlight the bar at the top (with a star in it) and click the knob to toggle between showing all presets and favorites only.

Let me know if that’s unclear. I can make a video of it later if it helps (though I don’t own a Mikro; I’m just guessing it works the same way as my S49 mk1).

5. chrys

chrys NI Product Owner

The star button will toggle between all and favorites, but shift+star does nothing.

I just tried Shift+Encoder click like you suggested and it also does nothing when I have the kit selected. I think it's just not implemented yet on the Mikro MK3...

6. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

According to the manual of the Mikro MK3, it can only be done through the software.
    If you want to do this via the hardware you will have to use the more expensive Maschine MK3 or the Studio.

René