1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Flextime

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Hebreww, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

rather then a copy of our previous sampler editor isn’t it time for flextime?
    Proper audio editing is still missing shouldn’t it be our concern right by now?
    I would like to drag my audio but i’m Stuck with this editor that doesn’t fit the workflow..
    Oke at least we have something to edit with but let’s raise the bar please.

I like to make a full song in maschine, only maschine.

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

I would say no, simply because Maschine doesn't have the tools necessary for that to work practically.
    I'm not a Logic user but as I understand it Flextime is the same thing as Warp Markers for stretching in Ableton Live, imagine having this feature without being able to have your audio span across multiple Scenes, even worst not being able to place it linearly wherever you want across your song... IMO such a feature requires a Song Mode or some alternative to it.

I would love the ability to stretch slices in Maschine, I would be fine with a stretch % knob in the default Built-In Sampler (like Serato Sample), that would suffice and fit the way Maschine currently works.

Whats "Proper audio editing" ? DAW audio editing tools designed to be used with a mouse?

Expecting Maschine to change to adapt to your personal workflow instead of the opposite is a lost battle, that's not gonna happen, been there...

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Thank u for your reply, don’t get me wrong i’m All about the maschine way.
    Think i’m Talking about een song mode rather than flextime.

Peace

4. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

This would be a great feature!!
    Do you know if song mode or a alternative will hit the stage this year?

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

No problem.
    It's definitively not happening this year, unfortunately.
    Keep in mind that improvements in this area have been promised 2 years ago, soon to be 3, this has been heavily discussed here... don't hold your breath. :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yeah as much as I love my maschine but there was not much progress in software for long time.

7. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

:(

8. hi-d-ho-man

hi-d-ho-man NI Product Owner

I’m sure we won’t see anything like that til v3.x

Tags: