1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Got that feeling on 2.0 version

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by skinsfandc, Oct 6, 2012.

1. saintjoe

saintjoe NI Product Owner

I do, been looking forward to something more robust for a long time, and along the lines of the build quality of their traktor and audio interfaces in terms of build quality, which is really nice. I don't know what all they would do, but I've always thought we'd see multiple controllers and form factors for the Maschine/Komplete platform.

Totally agree

2. TraumaBeatsDrama

TraumaBeatsDrama NI Product Owner

3. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

Id love a studio based controller with faders, maybe an XY pad..more knobs, maybe for purchase without the software?

But in truth Im happy with MK1...id give them money just to make a better song arrangment page, midi import, and multicore support..thats way more important than expanding the range of controllers ihmo

4. saintjoe

saintjoe NI Product Owner

I would imagine a new range of controllers to grow with the new software improvements, definitely not in place of :)

5. purpleandbianco

purpleandbianco NI Product Owner

Man I would definitely love a tilt screen in my controller, one of the main reasons I didn't consider getting the MK2 yet.

I would love to see something very slik, resistant and ergonomic , but we just got a new controller.
    If by the time 2.0 comes out maschine's software is solid with all the crazy features we been asking, the controller should most def reflect that

6. BlackMath

BlackMath Forum Member

Im predicting NI will buy Ableton and Live 9 will be released with Maschine 2.0 offering complete intergration with all NI products/libraries and LIve 9 will now be NI's daw

7. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

though owners of Live 8 wont get a crossgrade, but next June itll be on sale for $18.50 anyway

Im wise to NI now! :D

8. 645576

645576 Forum Member

Personally, I hope Maschine stays true to Maschine. A lot of the ideas I hear to make Maschine this or that would ruin what we have going for us.

I don't care about Akai/MPC, or tilt screens, or big ugly metal workstations that try (and fail) to be everything to everyone. If thats you, fine - why not just invest in an MPC instead of asking Maschine to change?

Right now, Maschine is nimble, works well with any genre of music, and I can cheaply and easily combine it with an audio interface, keyboard, separate MIDI controllers (like the BCR2000) - all of which are better separate than they would be together. Combining things means sacrificing part of each. I don't want compromise in my music tools - I want the best tool in each category so my toolbox together is powerful and versatile.

The real future of development for Maschine should be in improving the software, and any changes to the hardware should be carefully planned out like MK2, and hopefully as innovative as MK1 was when it released. I'd rather NI dream up new things than to copy or worry about Akai, which hasn't truly innovated in some time from what I see of their offerings.

9. noiserot

noiserot Forum Member

+100000000

10. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

the piano hasn't innovated either and is dope as **** if you know how to play it.

when did beatmachines become specific to genres of music, :D what genre is an asr-10? what genre is cubase? lol kids these days. you can play what ever kind of music you want to play on what ever instrument you want to play it on and if you don't think so you got far greater issues than the mpc ren or maschine

stop all the hating and bring reason to the debating
    ---
    that's the problem they're only showing it in traktor, we love to talk about who pioneered this or that on this forum, well here you go… ni pioneered the concept of making a dj app far better and more evolved than their flagship production system app
    they are the first company to do this and they are the best at it………… lucky you:confused:

11. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

This is because unlike Akai, Rane hardware and Serato is real competition to Traktor.
    Traktor is a mature product that NI can't afford to let slip, while Maschine is still in it's early stages.

12. theinvis

at least you and I can admit it. too bad they're still calling maschine their flagship groove production system.

if the case is like you state it then it's more sad than ever though, so you're claiming ni is giving you low level goods because they don't have competition? lol ….. so basically you're saying allot of people got their maschines at a bukake sale?
    ---
    and btw maschine is 7 years old

13. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

Not so much low level goods but not rushing things to the streets.
    If you look at where Traktor started to where it is now then the concept of NI building around Maschine seems very promising.
    Kore was a great concept but had lots of little speed bumps, so if they really learned from Kore then the implementation Maschine will do fine.

Akai will make them adjust timeframes but not be the threat that Serato has turned out to be.

The thing I'm waiting to see is how they bring Traktor more under Maschine so that you don't have to buy multiple pieces of hardware unless you want to.

14. Upright

Upright NI Product Owner

I agree! This is why I didn't go for the MK2.....I'll jump on the next controller.

15. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

I have intentionally stayed out of these types of threads in th NI Forum. But when my name is brought up in threads I had no intention of being involved in, I feel obligated to respond.

You feel Maschine is staying ahead. But V1.8 is more like playing catch-up than anything else.

For users like me, Maschine MKI and II and its software lacks some essentials to make it the go-to workstation. Maschine's limited MIDI capabilities is among the biggest deal-breakers for me. The lack of having a traditional mixer is also a glaring omission as practically all music production software have mixers. And lastly..having to tab through pages of params in the software is frustrating and unnecessary. Maschine doesn't fully utilize the available real-estate of your computer monitor. These 3 areas are not all inclusive (I still prefer track based sequencing). But they are notable for the way I use these products.

A more robust controller and inclusion of these features will go a long way towards attracting MPC users...which I assume is the niche market that NI wants to cater to.

16. Upright

Upright NI Product Owner

Attracting Mpc users? Man Jahrome, you gotta admit Native Instruments have the market pretty much saturated with Maschines....everyone that I know that had/has an Mpc is now working with Maschine. So to say that Maschine isn't attracting Mpc users world wide is really over looking the obvious. I think this is the point he was trying to make.

That's not to say there isn't more to be desired in Maschine, but the truth is that there are TONS of people making good music with Maschine just like it is right now....and enjoying it. :)

17. theinvis

actually I am as well, I owned traktor in the past but do not anymore but if they do it right then I will definitely take advantage of it, wish they would just let the traktor team take care of it all, apparently the djs overthere know more about midi than the midi guys not to mention a host of other things, maschine would be better off
    ---
    doesn't matter what part of the musical world you come from whether it be the mpc market or any other and I say this because there are tons of people not from the mpc market that use maschine but one thing they all have in common is they are flabbergasted about the glaring omissions on this piece of kit………maschine has the record for basic missing features that shouldn't even be called features, we are only calling them features because they are not in maschine, in every other comparable piece of hardware or software by any brand whether it be an mpc a korg or any thing else these so called features are present and in most cases have been present for at least 20 years………… many non-mpc using musicians feel like they got ripped, , people telling them you shoulda known it couldn't mute this you shoulda known it couldn't midi that, you shoulda known it couldn't automate this or record that …. it's ridiculous… we need to stop all this brand hating, this isn't an mpc issue it isn't an akai issue and it isn't a hiphop issue, it's an electronic beat machine in this day and age issue and tons of electronic musicians are not happy about being slapped up side the head with omissions that their grandmamas wouldn't have omitted.

lets go ni
    get it together.!

18. Upright

Upright NI Product Owner

All I'm saying is that there are a lot of people making great music using Maschine as is and they are very happy doing so. That's all I'm saying. EVERY ONE AND THEIR MOM HAS MASCHINE....and there's no denying Maschine is everywhere. Generally people buy products that work for them....and I feel this is the case with Maschine.

So for Jahrome to say that Mpc users aren't being attracted to Maschine because it's lacking some features is not at all accurate.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  19. skinsfandc

skinsfandc Forum Member

I agree here with upright. Folks don't respond to invis or jahrome I see where this thread is going. Let's enjoy the 1.8 update and the cool stuff that NI is coming out with. I can't wait to get their new dj mixer the z1 and use it with my technics.

20. JAHROME

JAHROME NI Product Owner

That is what I said...re-read my entire post and not cherry pick phrases.

There is a huge number of MPC users that shunned Maschine and still do. Some of the reasons I decribed earlier come into play. It goes beyond Maschine needing features that are 'desired.' Maschine is not a viable solution for sequencing hardware. It never really was designed with this in mind. But this is a core function of any MPC.

If NI wants a piece of the Akai MPC market...and this market is huge...they should consider the feedback left in this forum.