Group "Preview" demo-song plays when I hit pad 1. Anyone else dislike this?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by elgrayso, Mar 26, 2019.

1. elgrayso

elgrayso NI Product Owner

Not sure if its a bug, maybe just a weird feature.. But every time I load a Group, if I hit Pad one (Kick 1 typically) and start jamming, it will start playing the preview demo-song for that Group. I love hearing the previews of the Groups when I'm scrolling through and hearing how they sound, but once I load one, I dont want to trigger the demo-song again when I start playing on the pads.
    Do people LIKE being able to play the demo song by hitting the kick pad? Its been in the software for awhile so I assume people like it?
    To me it just seems like its making me do another step where I have to make sure I exit the browser before I dare start jamming on pads, otherwise I have to wait for the damn demo song to finish.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nocatchphraze

nocatchphraze New Member

Something similar is happening with my setup as well. When I select an expansion group kit, the sound preview plays twice with an overlap....its weird.

3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

No. No one likes it for Groups, it makes no sense and it's annoying, people have complained about this silly behavior, I guess it's related to how they developed the preview system, it functions the same way for everything.

If we are previewing anything else other than a Group, then it makes sense, because you can trigger for example a sound/one-shot/etc repeatedly prior to loading it to see if it will fit your project.

4. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

It's a marketing feature, combine this with MIDI out on Windows ;)

5. elgrayso

elgrayso NI Product Owner

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. (I tried looking up other threads on it first but Its kind of a tricky specific thing to search for).
    Hopefully they remove that soon. I'm surprised something that glaringly annoying even made it past beta. Why would we want to hear a whole song every time we hit the kick pad? o_O

• Like Like x 1
  6. CakeAlexS

:rolleyes:

7. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

It's a complete pain in the poopyhole that they have been made well aware of and how they haven't fixed this beggars belief.........or them being them does it really ?..................................

8. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

I can reproduce this.
    As long as the machine hardware is in browser mode, the preview will be played on pad 1.
    If you place the machine in a different mode after loading, pad 1 will play the kick.
    Or use shift + prehear on the hardware to switch it off.

René

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. raphaël_

raphaël_ NI Product Owner

it's really annoying, i hope they are aware of this.

10. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Shouldn't this thread be marked up as a bug?

11. D-One

Apparently this has silently been fixed, not sure in which version but most likely in 2.8.7
    Thread tagged as solved.

12. CakeAlexS

"Apparently". So how was this valdiated ?(reference?).

13. D-One

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  14. StarSMASH

StarSMASH NI Product Owner

yea it works well for everything except for groups which is ideal, which is what you explained in post #3. If i already have a sound assigned to the pad and have the browser selected on a group kit, it will just play the already assigned sound on the pad and not the preview which is helpful.

15. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

16. D-One

Well, then I guess 3 people is not enough... tag removed. If it's a bug i hope they dont fix it.
    Are you sure about that tho? We are specifically talking about Groups, for everything else Pad1 still triggers the preview.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  17. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

100% sure. Load a group, and while BROWSE button is still lit, if you press pad 1, the full group preview plays. It's really annoying.

18. CakeAlexS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2019
  19. CakeAlexS

Uninstall/reinstall?
    Got the latest firmware for your controller?

20. tslays

tslays NI Product Owner

Strange. I have the latest version and it is fixed for me. It was also annoying the hell out of me but now I am good.

I browse with preview enabled and load. Without leaving the screen I can hit pad 1 and only the sound will play.