GUI Won't Initialize

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Diego Dominguez, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Diego Dominguez

Diego Dominguez New Member

My maschine application hasn't been working properly since the latest update and stopped opening. First it would finish VST scans and now the GUI won't initialize. Can anybody help??

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Whats your OS?
    As a first step, I would reinstall, make sure the Maschine controller you own is not plugged in while you install.
    [​IMG]

3. Diego Dominguez

im on windows 7

4. RoC1909

RoC1909 New Member

I get this on occasion as well (and NI Support was severely lacking in, huh, supporting this problem). I resolved it by following these steps:
    (these steps are from a forum post by Niall @ NI)

1. Please open your registry editor by clicking the Windows icon in the bottom left of your screen and typing "regedit".
    2. Locate and delete the following files only for Maschine 2:
    - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\Maschine 2.
    3. Then try starting Maschine again.

I still occasionally get the shutdown, and this seems to do the trick until it shuts down again at its own whim.

5. Diego Dominguez

Even after trying this my maschine 2 app won't open. it either crashes at kontakt vst scans, product scans, or initializing the GUI

6. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

As you are on Windows 7 I suggest you run Windows update several times until there is nothing left to install. Keep rebooting and rerunning it. Also check the optional updates.

7. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

• Informative Informative x 1