1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Guitar Combos Recording Problem

Discussion in 'GUITAR COMBOS' started by Lard99, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Lard99

Lard99 New Member

Hello everybody.
    Brand new to the digital music world (i'm an old-fashioned guy and used to speakers, valves and dials!). I 've just got a Behringer UCG102 and NI AC Box combo. The tone is excellent; didn't know a digital modeller could sound so good. Got a problem with recording the guitar tone. When I record through Audacity or Reaper, I hear the AC Box tone in my phones, but when I play back my project, I hear the 'dry' guitar sound not the amp tone; it 's recording straight from the link, not the amp. Can anybody help with what settings I might need with this setup to record the AC Box combo tone? Thanks everybody.

2. solger

solger NI Product Owner

Using Reaper, try this:

(1) Right-click on the record-arm/disarm-button of the track and select "Record: Output" to record the processed signal.
    (2) Or route the output from the track (with AC Box combo) to a second track and record the processed signal there. This way you can record the dry and processed audio at the same time (using two tracks).

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014