Help/ Maschine instruments out of tune all of the suden

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by OldboytTheWolf, Mar 22, 2020.

1. OldboytTheWolf

OldboytTheWolf New Member

Hey,
    I have a serious issue my maschine plays notes or chords especially in tune and sometimes out of tune or louder all of the sudden..exporting audio is even worse sometimes.. I've tried almost everything by reinstaling windows and maschine .. I've changed buffer size.. My cpu isn't high so it.s not performance issue.. I don't use midi controlllers atm and I don't you use external audio interface either... But I have installed Asio4all.. I feel like I'm cursed atm lol .. this is very annoying and I can't make music until this is fixed.. I also sent a ticket to the NI already let's hope they have a solution for this..

This is my first post, my apologies if I've done something wrong or have been misleading.. I'm just tired fighting with maschine..

Operating System: Windows 10
    Maschine Version: 2.10.0

2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Mk1 controller, by any chance?

3. OldboytTheWolf

Mr36 I don't have MK1 Controller. I have maschine studio sampler workstation but I haven't used it now because I have it at my training carage..I did reinstall of maschine and Windows 10 but didn't use any midi controller.. this is confusing .. when I took my usb devices off one time the bouncing of audio file changed a bit better.. but still continued to do pitch change or out of tuning anyway.. I don't know is this just a trick of my mind or is it really relevant. My sound libraries are on a hdd hardrive in my laptop and the OS is on SSD could this affect? Imo It shouldn't like before.. when I installed everything again I just located my sound libraries in Native Access instead of downoaling them again...

4. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

What specifically is changing pitch or out of tune? Please give examples and more details.

5. OldboytTheWolf

Mr36 Here's an example, I put chords on kontakt instrument called Shreddage 2 (Guitar) and it plays them first like it should but then it makes some of the chords sound lower for some reason (out of tune kinda).. the sound also can stop immediately when exportin or bouncing inside mashcine.. Everytime I play the midi sequence it sounds different everytime.. it's loosing the dynamics of the sound and doesn't sound right

6. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Try to narrow down the issue. Does this also happen with the Maschine stock synths? Try the bass for example, what happens there? If this is only related to, say, Kontakt then it could be a setting going wrong somewhere. If it happens with multiple (unrelated) devices then it might be caused by something else. Using the touch strip by any chance?

7. OldboytTheWolf

Mr36 ShelLuser Glad you asked that question.. it seems for now at least that everything else is workin like should but the shreddage 2 is still unusable.. guess I'll have to install it all over again. If you wouldn't have asked I would've assumed that everything else isn't working either like before the reinstallation. I'll update here if the shreddage still is issue or other instruments stop to work. This is confusing and I'm happy that now everything else seems to work. Long fight with this issue. Let's hope for the best. And thanks for the both of you advance for taking a interest, I appreciate

8. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

Reinstalling probably won't do you much good because the cause of your problems is most likely not directly related to the product.

What sampling rate do you use? If the instrument is a bit heavy on your pc then this could still be audio related. Have you tried increasing the buffer settings in Asio4All?

9. OldboytTheWolf

Reinstalling fixed issues with other vst:s what I have tested now(I installed everything again win10 and maschine with it but I located every library file from my external drive after that so I've not installed them again...before I made this post I did this the reinstallation). Shreddage seems now the one which is still hanging with problems. In my first post I've said that I've changer buffer size and all and isn't cpu related I've low cpu usage I've learned to use only one vst at a time in my projects and bounce them as an audio that saves 99% of cpu for me.. but shreddage still doesn't work properly somehow..

10. OldboytTheWolf

ShelLuser Mr36 Here's an example.. it started again messing around.. listen the second chord and the last chord.. they are excatly the same but sounds totally different.. my buffer is 64 now so now latency should be a latency and even if I would change it higher no solution..I'm using asio4all

Attached Files: