1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Holiday offer!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by dj wb, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj wb

dj wb Forum Member

:(
    When scratch was released i bought it right away.
    the day 3.3 was released i upgraded instantly
    today i see this:http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=tsholidayoffer
    for the lucky people who were a bit slow with discovering this amazing product they get a free upgrade to 3.3 !

you know what!

i want a present 2 ! :angry:

Santa clause? i was a good boy this year!

2. 2manyTHRILLS

2manyTHRILLS Forum Member

Well the 3.3 update was so weak they had to do something, why not just give it away!

A good offer though never the less.

3. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

seems like its not always a good thing to be the early bird!

nevertheless, for those who're coming now it's a great offer.

4. djDoring

djDoring Account Suspended

ahh nice. then i will give back my ts and buy a new one :)

thx for the tip :D

5. nsgtr34

nsgtr34 New Member

bs

What a joke.

So they award the early adopters of Scratch with nothing for basically testing their buggy product for them and reward the newbies with NEW FREE Software.

Poor form NI.

6. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

Nothing, eh?

The crossgrade was a $200 discount. The T3 "christmas gift" is a $100 discount.
    In that sense, it's less than what early adopters got.

The world isn't always black and white.

7. Caley Martin

Caley Martin NI Product Owner

^^ what about those who just dived in without any previous digital vinyl systems? :p

8. AudioRapture

It's a 13% discount off of list price (TS full + T3 Upgrade). That really isn't that much to get all worked up about.

Yes, it is annoying for people who bought the products separately. But such is life. Especially during the holiday season.

In comparison, the iPhone early adopters had a lot more reason to be upset...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  9. xparaparafreakx

xparaparafreakx New Member

Man, as a college student, I dived in to TS without thinking. Oh well. If i didn't buy it in Aug, I would not be able to get my 2 free Ortofon Digitracks for free. It would of been nice if I got Traktor 3.3 free too :D

10. rekh

rekh Forum Member

ordered! :)

11. fciapi

fciapi NI Product Owner

Is the offer valid for crossgrade packages ?

12. rekh

rekh Forum Member

probably ..

13. AudioRapture

I wouldn't count on it. Ask NI Sales, they should know.

14. NDDJs_Doc

NDDJs_Doc New Member

Am I the only one that thought the current TS users would be able to add Tv3.3 free of charge? I am VERY upset now. I was willing to hang in there while they figured out how to fix the TS bugs. Now I just feel like a sucker for having faith in them and being part of their initial rollout.

I feel betrayed.

15. fciapi

fciapi NI Product Owner

I've been lucky ;)

16. AudioRapture

And what exactly made you believe that? AFAIK NI *never* announced anything like that anywhere.

But, if there was a misunderstanding based on an official announcement, then they should know about it.

So let's hear it.

17. sovietpanda

sovietpanda New Member

NI never said there would be a free upgrade for TS users to T3.3... which is exactly why I'm pissed that they're offering it now, but only to people who bought it during the holiday season. It REALLY does feel like a "**** you" to us early adopters. I am very upset.

18. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

but, hey - that's like everywhere! the iPhone example is a good one, but the same goes for everything.

the first calculators did cost 1000 bucks and more. now they are promotion items.

NI does 1-2 per year some special offer, where traktor users can profite from more or less. we had NIversity, we had summer of sound... and now it's a holiday offer.

19. sovietpanda

sovietpanda New Member

Yes, Apple did that with the iPhone... and then they decided to give the slighted customers $100 gift cards to use at the Apple store. At least they attempted to please their early-adopter customers. I don't see the relevance of the calculator comparison.

Not only that, it just feels that it was made very clear early on that a Traktor 3.3 upgrade would NOT be included with Scratch, so when they actually DID include it it feels especially unfair.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  20. dj wb

dj wb Forum Member

off course it's true!

but still it isn't nice if you can't profit from it :p

Ps santa i'll be in Berlin for Silvester ;)
    i'm happy with everything(NI tour with goodie bag; colored vinyl; silvester tickets; even a christmas card from Native girl ! )

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.