1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Host Automation problems

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mode44, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Mode44

Mode44 NI Product Owner

has anyone else encountered a bug with 2.5.6 where a project that has been worked in maschine then opened in live won't automate using the host automate feature? odd thing is,if you start a new project of maschine within live it works correctly.

2. dabb

dabb Active Member

Yes i've had the very same situation.
    I assigned Maschine macros to host, Ableton recognised them, but moving that knobs from Ableton had no effect on Maschine. If i move knobs (from HW or SW) in Maschine, Ableton reacts but not visa versa.

I restarted Ableton, same project (still wasnt working), opened new instance of maschine, copied the groups and it worked at last.

Maybe Maschine maybe Ableton problem, IDK.
    Happened only once, seems not reproducible so i dont mind too much.

3. Mode44

Mode44 NI Product Owner

can only think it's a problem maschine side after the link update ... I've a few projects that need the full automation treatment and none of them seem to work .. Good thinking with the copying of the groups to a new instance in ableton,that should help me out for the time being .
    I've sent a report to support coz it Deffo needs looking at .

4. dabb

dabb Active Member

You're right its reproducible. I didnt aware all older projects are affected..
    I've reported support too, now reporting it to our bug police @CakeAlexS :p

older maschine projects don't respond automation.
    steps to reproduce:
    *Open Ableton, Open maschine vst in ableton
    *From maschine open a project made before 2.5.6 update.
    *Now try to add automation to host

Workaround:
    Save Groups from older project and open them with a new instance of maschine.

El Cap, latest Ableton and Maschine here.

@Mode44 are you on win or osx?

5. Mode44

Mode44 NI Product Owner

I'm Using OS X El Capitan myself .

6. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

If you load the old Maschine project, resave it in Maschine as a new version, then reload new version will it work?

7. Mode44

Mode44 NI Product Owner

@b-righteous nope nothing ,ive tried saving in both maschine and ableton and it still doesn't seem to send any data back to maschine .
    as dabb mentioned ,the sliders on ableton are moving whilst tracking the curve but the knobs in maschine don't respond back.
    weird thing is if i manually turn a dial in maschine the slider in ableton moves

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  8. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

So it's reproducible.

Anybody done it on Windows?
    Hmm how can we confirm this isn't an Ableton issue?

9. Mode44

Mode44 NI Product Owner

Not sure about Windows it's definitely a maschine problem , I've received an email from their support recently saying that the developers have been made aware and that the next update 'Should' fix it......these major bugs in updates are starting to become very wearing to say the least.

10. CakeAlexS

Wow I've been documenting a whole load of bugs (will do this one) and have never got any response about any of them apart from a couple of regression issues. Congrats on a direct response.

11. Mode44

Mode44 NI Product Owner

So it looks like the host automation bug has been cleaned up with 2.6 which is good however I'm finding the movement of the knobs within maschine extremely twitchy with the new update ..... Anybody else?

12. Alexgrabiner

Alexgrabiner New Member

Has this bug been fixed for you guys? I'm having similar issues but with different setup, Mac OS sierra running bitwig, when I enable host automation, I can see and create automation for the parameter, but changes in either maschine or the host aren't reflected by the other, until i close the project in bitwig and open it again. then the automation works fine

13. CakeAlexS

Automation is not this best... I will tag on This issue for instance.