1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Host Transport Control doesn't work with Komplete Kontrol MK2 due to NI removing MCU support

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by HammyHavoc, May 20, 2018.

1. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I do get the impression that the staff are treat no better than the customers

• Like Like x 2
  2. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

It's been mentioned before, but if they had people working there who also made music then they'd be adding things to the software even in their downtime to make the workflow just right for them in their own personal usage of it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Split2nd

Split2nd NI Product Owner

Well,I think I am going back to Novation and jumping on the SL MK3 as soon as it releases and returning this "unKomplete Kontrol MKII" back to sender... Whats your thoughts on this one guys? Here is a pretty indepth review of it:

[MEDIA = youtube] 9uEzJHdW2SU [/ MEDIA]

4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Depending on your workflow this one could be better for you especially if you have external gear or plan to buy some - but I would wait for some user reviews. But the sequencer has not so many space to save patterns but I'm sure you can save them on the computer and store it back to the controller.

Uwe

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  5. leonburger

leonburger New Member

What a catastrophic PR mess they (NI) really know how to upset their loyal customers. Time to Chime in NI seriously I think you should.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

For me would miss the preset management KK offers, it's not just about the control.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Me too

• Like Like x 1
  8. ast3rix

ast3rix New Member

Has native instruments posted any updates regarding this problem? I just purchased the new MK2 s88 and did not know that the mcu support had been removed until after I received the device. I’m surprised that they would remove such a basic thing. This is not the right way to implement new tech. Most daws don’t support the new protocol they added. I was excited about this device until I dug into the mapping. No midi cc for the transport is a show stopper with my Daw reason 10.2. I expected that their was no native support for reason as it becoming the norm for manufacturers to overlook it. I can’t even jerry rig this thing to work.... which now has me thinking I need to return it to Sweetwater.

• Like Like x 2
  9. HammyHavoc

Still no news. I'd return it and then revisit it if/when MCU is implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  10. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

This is a complete mess NI it's obvious now that your company is going to get a lot of returns and bad press over this. Enjoy

• Like Like x 3
  11. ghizzu

ghizzu New Member

• Like Like x 3
  12. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Awesome, had the Bitwig version but didn’t know he added Reaper

13. HammyHavoc

Does this mean that transport works as expected whilst using it with Maschine VST or Komplete Kontrol VST? If so...

14. ghizzu

ghizzu New Member

Transport works identical to Ableton Live. Apparently you don't need to use KK VST, because, as I understood, the extension addresses the keyboard driver (Native Instruments Host Integration service) directly.

15. HammyHavoc

Wow! Guess I'm checking out Reaper again today. Does Maschine MK3 work as expected with Reaper?

16. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Oh god it looks like a pain to setup though on Mac - all that fiddling around with Java etc

17. ghizzu

ghizzu New Member

I don't know, I don't own Maschine. The KK VST works as expected together with control, but for some reason if you move the 4D controller while in plugin mode, the plugin and browser buttons lights go off and you can't access anymore their respective pages on the keyboard, until you load another instance of KK VST.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. ghizzu

ghizzu New Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

So an independent developer can find the time to develop a script for for multiple controllers,in multiple daws,but Native Instruments can't?
    Where are these millions of dollars they've been granted going to? This is like a slap in the face. I've heard nothing ,but good things about the moss scripts. Kudos for reaper users. Still waiting on NI to allow customers this option. SMH!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Isn't it just another mcu script for reaper?? But no matter if it works.

Uwe