Host Transport Control doesn't work with Komplete Kontrol MK2 due to NI removing MCU support

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by HammyHavoc, May 20, 2018.

1. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Unfortunately true - only the f word is a bit harsh but I can understand that you are pissed off, and you are definitely not alone

Uwe

• Like Like x 2
  2. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

I apologize to other users for my language,if I offended anyone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Words are only words. Actions speak louder than them, and NI, despite making all the right noises, doesn't seem to be showing much progress or interest in rectifying this, along with the other things that have been in their backlog for literally years.

Reaktor got a very nice update recently, I hope that's a sign of things to come. Admittedly, Reaktor is very niche, and perhaps Reaktor users in the main are more demanding than the average Maschine user. Then again, the number of views on the Maschine and KK threads says it all. Way more interest in these than anything Reaktor it seems.

• Like Like x 4
  4. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

Agree the Reaktor update was very good. I really like that there is the possibility to save your racks and use them in nks format. That really makes sense for users but NI can scale up the business as well. So these decisions are just right to do, but would be happy to see MCU again as well...But these are different teams different road maps i guess. But usually where a head sales is, a head product management should be around too;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. trusampler

Back log bump. We still haven't received any updates.. Thanks NI swell job fellas. Way to keep in contact with us.

6. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

They're putting all their resources into sounds.com. MCU has been taken off the back burner and back into the cupboard.

• Like Like x 2
  7. xgman

xgman NI Product Owner

and I have no use for sounds.com at all...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. trusampler

Anyone with a brain and samples alot or uses alot of samples, who is capable of researching their own need for quality sounds is most likely knee deep with content already.
    Sounds. Com where you can use the same unoriginal sound as that guy.
    Yeah good idea, let's use the other guys idea.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

I also don't use it - I make my own stuff. But there must be a demand for it otherwise it wouldn't work out for all the online services, even if there is enough really good free stuff. And native wants to participate in music lego. Instead of do something different and concentrate on their great instruments.

Uwe

10. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Me either.

• Like Like x 1
  11. trusampler

They just want another avenue for making money, i get it, but what these large companies forget is that the customers who supported them get where they are today, still need support.
    Face it, if you have a good solid product, it's going to sell and be supported regardless.. And on the topic of sounds doing well. Look at the competition, Splice, Loopmasters, and a gazillion others. I'd rather pay for solid products.

• Like Like x 1
  12. trusampler

Bump this issue is still not resolved.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ari G

Ari G New Member

I’m in the same exact boat, s49 Mk2 without MCU!! It’s just mind boggling how it’s been neglected especially after the people have spoke, and spoke for over a year!! Shame on you NI.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

It could be a very compelling product if they would finish it. I loved the MK1, which had MCU. The MK2 is an upgrade in almost every way except the lack of MCU, which can be a real showstopper.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ari G

Ari G New Member

It’s no secret that this kind of blatant neglect changes our minds about manufacturers. Sucks when the customers don’t come first and it’s evident through NI’s actions that they have other agendas. If they never intended to implement MCU then why release the newer version? To stop our workflow???

• Like Like x 1
  16. trusampler

Native instruments should grant full refunds to those of us who upgraded to the mk2, without being warned of the loss of a mk1 feature.. How is this an upgrade?

Can someone please explain ?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ari G

Ari G New Member

Agreed. That’s the only solution that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  18. levic

levic New Member

Ashamed of releasing such a product
    Not everyone uses Logic and Live!Give support MCU

• Like Like x 1
  19. trusampler

So where are we at now Adil @ NI? What's going on with this fix? Back Log? What does that even mean? Be up front and be honest here and communicate to your customers!

• Like Like x 1
  20. trusampler

a year later,and not even an attempt to add a fix from Native Instruments. this is pathetic. where are we at Native Instruments regarding this fix?

• Like Like x 1