Host Transport Control doesn't work with Komplete Kontrol MK2 due to NI removing MCU support

Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by HammyHavoc, May 20, 2018.

1. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Maybe their "alternative solutions" consisted of giving the SDK to Presonus, possibly taking MCU off the table.

2. trusampler

trusampler NI Product Owner

Yes maybe, that's the whole thing, they NI don't even have the decency to explain.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ari G

Ari G New Member

See this is the problem we all have with this situation. Transparency, decency and open line of communication. We cannot act appropriately if we are in the dark (which is where they choose to keep us). As a biz owner i always listen to my customers because without them I’d be nothing. Once the customer feels neglected they go elsewhere and lucky for US we have each other on public forums so others can see what’s happening behind the scenes before they upgrade to MK2. If you look at it that way WE already won, we helped others avoid the mess we found ourselves in. A win for the consumer if you ask me!

• Like Like x 2
  4. leonburger

leonburger New Member

It's official I give up. This is like watching paint dry waiting for NI to reply with a proper route as to where there heading .
    Is it that the ball is fully in the Presonus court with the SDK or are NI still taking the MCU fix route either way NI please show some transparency here you have heard the voices and saw the comments so please laid bare where your heading thank you.

5. trusampler

I agree, and I'm sure this thread along with countless others do indeed save a few souls the headaches, but at this point I'm beyond frustrated. I know many of us here are. BUT... Where does this leave us, the ones who upgraded, the ones who trusted in Native Instruments to release an upgraded keyboard, unaware NI would strip the features we depended on,those who spent over $700 on the upgrade to later find out, they hoodwinked us, with an OSC feature for working daws, but made no official warning statements to those Daw users without Osc support? We should have MCU support as in Mk1 version period by now.
    This is wrong on so many levels of a seller to customer relationship. I feel as if there's some sort of fulfillment NI should genuinely offer us.

Backlog statements from NI after a year with not even a private beta for us to test them working on it, would have been acceptable, but nothing, this just shows NI has nothing to offer, or isn't even trying to keep us informed, who knows, if they are even working on it?

Last year in 2018 NI clearly wrote in one of these threads among us, that Q1 2019 we would have a fix, it never came. How hard can it be for them to add / code a feature that already works in the Mk 1 into the Mk2?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hi all,

MCU Support for Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK2 and A-Series (including M32) keyboards is currently in development and is nearing completion. It will be available for beta testing on Centercode shortly, and will be available as part of the next Komplete Kontrol software release.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Best,
    Adil

• Like Like x 13
  7. thusis

thusis NI Product Owner

Thank you very much for the information. This will make a lot people happy including myself

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Happy dance

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ari G

Ari G New Member

Adil that’s great news and thank you for replying but to be fair it’s been a very long time with empty promises. How do we know this time is any different? Can you please provide us a general eta, we won’t hold you to it lol. Thanks again for reaching out

10. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

Again, as I said in another thread, I'd like to say a big thank you from myself and the team. This is massively appreciated and means a lot for accessibility. Sincerely, thank you! Looking forward to rolling out the update.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Adil @ NI

Adil @ NI KOMPLETE TEAM NI Team

Hey Ari,

Rest assured, it's coming! Once we've confirmed the contents of the next Komplete Kontrol and Maschine software releases, we will update the sticky posts in each forum on here with a list of the features that are coming, and when we are aiming to ship the release. We expect this to be in the summer, but don't have a target date yet.

Best,
    Adil

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Ari G

Ari G New Member

Epic, thank you Adil!

• Like Like x 1
  13. JesterMgee

JesterMgee NI Product Owner

Great news and should finally clear up the boards a bit from hearing about this issue constantly.

Almost 2 years to the day tho which has to be a record for the slowest development of a past feature. Even Ableton managed to almost completely rebuild Live from 32 to 64 bits in the same period of time.

Anyway, look forward to people finally being able to use their keyboards in their choice of DAW.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Which summer?
    Just joking!

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. trusampler

Great news NI !! Thanks for the update.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tommaso Scalici

Tommaso Scalici New Member

Wow, so finally this it's happening.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Nesbett

Nesbett New Member

Thanks that means a lot

• Like Like x 1
  18. levic

levic New Member

typical promiseo_O
    let's hope

19. Anders Madsen

Anders Madsen New Member

Are we there yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. nightjar

nightjar New Member

I am a KK fan and am happy that MCU is coming soon.. but... this bit of news about Studio One might indicate the why resisting the fallback to old protocols happens. Sometimes you need to take something away to push things to a better solution.

• Like Like x 2