Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'KOMPLETE KONTROL SERIES' started by HammyHavoc, May 20, 2018.
looking forward to the betas.
I've been on the beta list since it was announced, but never got any sort of confirmation. I'm definitely a prime candidate for testing MCU
Presonus have sent out an email regarding some big news .....with the header you asked for it .They have penned a 10.00 am central time you tube webcast on Tuesday the 21st of may ....statistically they do point updates on the 22nd may each year so who knows maybe they have used the SDK issued them by NI and developed close integration .......just a guess nothing solid here.
Maybe we wont need MCU after all.
It would be Wonderfull if next week KK would be on par with what is going to happen between Nektar & Studio One.
All KK users MUST watch this video from Superbooth and be aware what's now possible:
Got a feeling it will probably be close to the cubase integration ie transport and mixer control but this is just my imagination running wild or could it be...
OMG ,that would be the dopest move on the planet! I'd forever be a customer of the pair if that we're the case, something tells me, now I'm just being greedy wanting my favorite daw to get actual integration support when in all honesty I'd just settle for MCU support, but hey I hope so too!!
I got that email, too. We can only hope, but most likely it has something to do with some other feature being implemented to one of their products.
Could well be but if you look at Presonus past history as far as Studio one goes they do point releases and version releases every May so who knows and also if you look at feature requests on there website multicore processing is top then komplete kontrol full intergration is second plus the fact that it's more than likely gonna be a 4.2 release and there well known for hosts of new features on a point release. So fingers crossed ..
Tomorrow will be the day, so let's see. As a S1 user I'd be glad to see full integration at this point, otherwise I'll be fine, even with MCU support. The important is to be able to use transport control and other basic features that even a 50$ midi keyboard can do, and I'll be happy with that.
I don't know for sure.. but I suspect nothing will happen with KK integration with S1 tomorrow. The ball is in NI's court to get MCU working..
But if there is a non-MCU way to intergrate KK and S1 tomorrow.. that would be a happy surprise.
But I'm not too hopeful.. a guy from Nektar recently said at Superbooth that Nektar would be the only MIDI keyboard offering integration with S1 that went deeper than an MCU solution.
New features overview
Recording and Mixing
• Redesigned hardware controls gain-phase-48V on mixer channels for compatible PreSonus interfaces
• Input Mixer: software gain - phase controls on every input
• Software input gain - phase controls on every channel, bus and FX channel
• Extended grouping system with attributes Volume, Pan, Mute-Solo, Inserts-Sends
• Groups definable as Edit- and-or Mix-Groups
• Commands-shortcuts to suspend any group
• Command to suspend all groups
• Support for unlimited nested groups groups within groups
• New Groups section in Track List and Channel List
• Optional group name displays on channels with Group assign and renaming options
• Customizable Channel Components in Console
• RMS-Peak metering option per channel
• Global Pre-Fader Metering option
• Quick-assign I-O routing for multiple selected channels
• Quick-assign outputs in ascending order
• Basic and Advanced Plug-in menu styles
• Alternative reverse Sidechain routing
• Copy Plug-ins with Sidechain routing
Arrangement and Editing
• Lock Events with position and editing options
• Lock Tracks option
• Independent Quantize-Timebase-Snap options
• Snap to Zero Crossings
Musical MIDI Editing
• Chord Audition option in Chord Selector
• Chord Audition option for chord events in Chord Track
• User assignable Chord Audition sound
• New Major-Minor Triad scales • Re-organized Musical Actions
• Stretch multiple notes by dragging
• Note Action: Apply Scale
• Note Action: Distribute Notes
• Note Action: Randomize Notes
• Note Action: Quantize Notes
• Note Action: Mirror Notes
• Note Action: Repeat Notes to Part End
• Note Action: Thin out Notes • Note Action: Fill with Notes
• Independent Macro Toolbars for Arrangement, Music Editor and
• Macro Toolbar: custom menus
• Macro Toolbar: direct macro editing
• Macro Toolbar: Duplicate Macro command
• Macro Toolbar: “move to Group” command
• Impact XT: drag more than 16 samples or slices
• Patterns: support for Quintuplets - Septuplets resolution
• Improved swing timing for patterns with individual lanes resolution
• Stem Export: quick drag select tracks-channels
• Stem Export: save selection when closing window
• Song Data Import retains “Disabled” track state when importing
• Fat Channel XT modules retain state when switching
• Instrument list: “disable all” option
• Instrument list: “remove unused” option
• Store Presets with folder selection
• Assignable F13-F24 keys • Recall any Marker with
• One-step Audioloop export drag&drop
• Smooth audio waveforms option
• Macro Toolbar icons update • Sample One XT - Impact XT:
improved unit readouts
• Improved CPU performance with Multi Instruments
• Improved CPU performance with Mai Tai, Sample One XT, Impact XT and Presence XT
Hardware and Installation
• I-O Setup: add multiple inputs or outputs
• I-O Setup: re-order inputs - outputs with drag & drop
• New Plug-in Manager with filters by format and vendor
• Plug-in Manager: list and reset blacklisted plug-ins individually
Import - Export
• Import - Export I-O Setups
• Video Export option with multiple codec support platform-dependent
• MP3 Export with variable bitrate
• AAC support Import - Export , including ALAC Apple Lossless
• Mono option for Export Mixdown
Presonus posted the video too soon. It's down now.
Sadly, no hardware integration. But some nice features like extended group editing and the midi-scale options. The video-sound edit and export function is also very sexy.
I thought about selling my licence recently, but now I have to look a bit at the new features
Took a while to get there, and had completely lost hope, but I'm loving the improved communication from NI. Very interested by iMaschine being updated too.
I was reasonably confident they would come through eventually, never lost hope; what a struggle though!
Anyone else here a beta tester? If you have been waiting for MCU, now is the time to join and start testing.
Finally. MCU support.
I know. Got the email. Had to boot into my music partition... About time... Now, if only nVidia can do something about those stupid DPC issues...