1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

How to get support from Native Instruments?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jmatx, May 3, 2018.

1. jmatx

jmatx NI Product Owner

Does anyone know how to get support from Native Instruments?

I spent 20 minutes on hold and then the system hung up on me, and their support pages seem broken - whenever I try to submit a ticket it sticks me in a loop taking me back to the "Buy Waves" page, which is funny because I already bought it. So I can't submit a ticket online, and I can't get through on the phone.

Not cool given the nearly $1500 I've spent on this stuff so far.

2. Mike Gl

Mike Gl New Member

I have exactly the same problem. I can't submit any ticket online. The link to submit a ticket (http://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) brings me back to the main support page, which causes me to go in circle. It's been more than a week, and that's really frustrating. I tried different browsers, both on computer and phone, and nothing works.

Does anyone NI ever read these forums? Look at the other threads complaining about broken support:
    Support forum and contact support broken
    Can't contact Support
    How do you get NI to reply to a support ticket?

I agree with jmatx. Given the amount of money some of us put into these products, that's really not cool. I'll think twice before spending any more money on NI products.

3. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this trouble!

Can you please check if you have your contact details filled out here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/my-account/account-settings/
    Apparently it can cause issues if you dont have a first and last name filled out there. Which would explain this loop.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue

4. Chris Brainerd

Chris Brainerd New Member

Same issue as above, and indeed my first and last name weren't filled out.

It then takes me to my account settings and shows my name filled out properly, and on refreshing the information is still there. That said, when I click on `Account Settings` in the navbar, which you'd think would do the exact same thing as refreshing, it takes me to the page and my info is gone. Logging out and back in / opening info in another browser confirms I can't save my info.

So to recap:
    1) I'm completely unable to use Komplete Kontrol because of a DAW crash on patch load
    2) I can't fill out a support request because I don't have my name filled out.
    3) I can't fill out my name because ???
    Please help, and if you could file a ticket and link it to this account's email that would be amazing since I apparently can't.

Thanks,
    Chris

5. Denial88

Denial88 New Member

Thank you so much for your thread here. Actually, I didn't try for a ticket yet. But this thread is much helpful.

6. Mick @ NI

Your first/lastname didnt get saved, dont know why. I have now filled them out on my end, because I'm not in the support team, so cant generate a ticket for you, so can you try creating a ticket now?

7. Chris Brainerd

Thanks, but still not showing up on my end :(
    And still the same redirect loop when trying to create a new ticket.

upload_2018-5-29_9-31-6.png

8. Mick @ NI

Very weird. I'll forward your contact details to support!

9. Chris Brainerd

10. jg::

jg:: NI Product Owner

So, I've checked that my account is showing both names and all "mandatory" fields. What next? I don't see a way to start a Support Ticket. What happened to that? The Contact page only shows phone numbers. In my part of the world, phone is not convenient. I need email support. How do I initiate that?

11. Mick @ NI

It depends where you are on the support website, per subject there is either a contact button (and sometimes there isnt).
    Here you can click the Contact button to open a ticket: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000092557-NI-User-Account

12. jg::

jg:: NI Product Owner

Thank you Mick. But that page is under "Account & Order Help>NI User Account". My issue has nothing to do with that, so why would I look on that page? Why isn't there a "Contact Support" button on almost every Support page?

Further, after going to the page on your link, there's a Contact Support button, and the Topics only give three options. All relating to orders, registration, or hardware returns. So I can't give an honest subject with that link, since my question has to do with malfunctioning software.

I can't find an answer on the forums or in the knowledge base. So my question remains: how do I contact Support via email?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  13. Mick @ NI

There is no direct email, everything goes through tickets. There is no contact option at each page, as Support wants people to resolve most issues by using the help pages. I'm not part of the Support team, so I dont know all the ins and outs, sorry

If you cant find a contact option when you're searching for your issue, you can either:
    -open a thread on the support forum: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/community/topics
    -open a thread here on the community forum
    -call support via the numbers on the page I linked before
    -open a ticket through another help page