1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

HOW TO: MODULATION IN KONTAKT VIA KSP

Discussion in 'Scripting Workshop' started by EvilDragon, Jan 6, 2016.

1. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

Correct, using the engine parameter command mentioned in the original post.

2. Sound Aesthetics Sampling

Sound Aesthetics Sampling New Member

Hi there. I got a problem with external modulators. If i want to assign the keyposition to the Pan for improved realism this work all fine, but i would like to have a slider, that controls the intensity of this modulator. I am more a sounddesigner than a programmer. And the modulation stuff was the only thing i couldnt handle by searching the forum posts.

3. EvilDragon

This is explained in the first post, please read it :)

4. CK_S

CK_S NI Product Owner

i get expression expected error here... strange because the ui control works

Code:
    set_control_par_str ($slider3143302,$CONTROL_PAR_LABEL,...
        get_engine_par_disp($ENGINE_PAR_INTMOD_INTENSITY,1,find_mod(1,"LFO_SINE"),find_target(1,find_mod(1,"LFO_SINE"),

"LFO_SINE_PITCH"))
    set_text ($LFOINTVal,get_engine_par_disp($ENGINE_PAR_MOD_TARGET_INTENSITY,1,find_mod(1,"LFO_SINE") ,find_target

(1,find_mod(1,"LFO_SINE"), "LFO_SINE_PITCH"))

5. EvilDragon

You're missing one ending parenthesis in both lines.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CK_S

CK_S NI Product Owner

Hi again ,I was thinking if there is a way to copy paste the names of the mods that i rename because i can't and i have to type each one again to the .nki presets i have made

7. EvilDragon

You can only copy groups out, then all associated modulators go with them.

8. BenjMarx

BenjMarx New Member

Quick Question:

I have successfully set up LFOs to my pan knobs, but the pan knob UI are not showing that they are oscillating to the rate of the LFO. The groups are panning exactly as they should, but the UI knobs themselves don't show it.

I've tried this:
    Code:
    $SmoothPan := get_engine_par(ENGINE_PAR_PAN, 3, 2, 0)
    but it doesn't seem to work.

Thoughts anyone? Thanks for your time!

-Ben

9. EvilDragon

Scripted knobs are not supposed to show the modulation in the ring at all (if you're talking about ui_knob).

10. BenjMarx

BenjMarx New Member

I guess technically I have them declared as sliders, not knobs. My apologies! Does that affect my question?

Are you saying that the ui element won't reflect how it's being modulated in the performance view?

As always, thank you so much for your wisdom, EvilDragon!

11. EvilDragon

It doesn't affect your question.

That is correct.

Scripted controls have no means to get to modulation data from internal modulators, so you cannot show it dynamically as you can see the internal knobs in Kontakt's edit mode.

12. BenjMarx

BenjMarx New Member

Ah, that's a small bummer. Thanks again for your time, EvilDragon!

13. cbmtrx

cbmtrx NI Product Owner

Hands up everyone who thinks the KSP manual should be written like this. :thumbsup:

14. Nick Dawes

Nick Dawes New Member

I'm very new to scripting and I have found this this forum amazingly useful, thank 'EvilDragon' for this particular post. I'm trying to do a very basic custom knob(slider) to control LFO frequency but nothing is happening. I've scripting other knobs to work perfectly but this eludes me so far.
    I'm renamed the LFO to LFO 1 and it is the second Mod I'm using after AHDSR, right clicking the LFO mod shows 'LFO1 (group 0 idx 1 gen 0)

my script is:

on ui_control($Tremolo)
    set_engine_par($ENGINE_PAR_INTMOD_FREQUENCY,$Tremolo,0,find_mod(1,"LFO 1"),-1)
    end on

Does anyone have any tips as to what might be wrong here?

15. corbo-billy

corbo-billy NI Product Owner

And in your case, why not just put the number 1 in place of the find_mod(1,"LFO 1") ?

16. Nick Dawes

Nick Dawes New Member

That works great, thank you so much for your help!

17. EvilDragon

Group index needs to be the same in set_engine_par part and in find_mod part. You had a mismatch there, 0 for one and 1 for the other. Both should be either 0 or 1. They have to match. In your case they have to be 0. See explanation of find_mod in KSP reference.

Also, you right clicking on the LFO to get those numbers, this applies only when you want to change LFO parameters (rate, etc.). If you want to adjust mod amount and get THOSE numbers, you need to right click the background of the mod amount slider itself.

18. Nick Dawes

Nick Dawes New Member

Great, Thanks for the explanation I understand now. I'm now going to add a bypass toggle button for this LFO using the
    set_entine_par($ENGINE_PAR_INTMOD_BYPASS
    Hopefully it'll be quite straight forward.

19. cbmtrx

cbmtrx NI Product Owner

Look at ED's very first example. He's pointing to an LFO in Group 2 (so identified with a 1). Now compare your code.

20. Frederick Rae

Frederick Rae NI Product Owner

Ok, I've read this and other pages, spent hours on the problem and I'm getting nowhere.

I'm extremely new to scripting so apologies in advance for posting what is likely a simple problem and thank you for any help.
    I'm simply trying to link this perfview knob to my LFO Freq which is modulating a filter cutoff in my first slot.
    I've renamed my LFO to "LFO_1", but my kontakt message says that it cannot find it, likely due to the wrong index entry, which the modulator says is 1 when I right click? See picture
    After following the steps and changing things around, but the following code is where i'm currently at.

on init

make_perfview

set_script_title("LFO")

declare $mod_idx

$mod_idx := find_mod(1,"LFO_1")

declare $count

declare ui_knob $LFO1FREQ (0,1000000,1)

move_control($LFO1FREQ, 1, 1)

set_text($LFO1FREQ, "Freq")

set_knob_unit($LFO1FREQ, $KNOB_UNIT_HZ)

make_persistent($LFO1FREQ)

read_persistent_var($LFO1FREQ)

end on

on ui_control($LFO1FREQ)

$count := 0

while ($count < $NUM_GROUPS)

set_engine_par($ENGINE_PAR_INTMOD_FREQUENCY,$LFO1FREQ,0,find_mod(1,"LFO_1"),-1)

inc($count)

end while

set_knob_label($LFO1FREQ, get_engine_par_disp($ENGINE_PAR_INTMOD_FREQUENCY, 0,find_mod(1,"LFO_1"),-1))

end on

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2020