1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

If Maschine 3.0 is SUBSCRIPTION ONLY... would you sign up?

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Hit-Man, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

I think you might be referring to the company I work for (though I’m not in hardware or even the networking division).

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Stormchild

This would be way better than “For the music in you”.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Stormchild

072D2A60-CA27-4445-8609-612761C3274A.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

The real crime in that picture is an empty bong

Anonymous guy

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

not likely to sign up at all ... have already restricted my spending with NI for years because of their snail paced developments and repeated strategy of making us pay repeatedly for promised features that fail to eventuate

my most wanted feature; Maschine/Traktor integration not only failed to happen, but was displaced with vastly inferior 'remix decks' concept, then set in stone by embedding remix decks into all new hardware controllers ... in the absence of any progress there i've managed to develop my own ecosystem that effectively gives me a fully functional 'Maschine deck' within Traktor - tight sync and input stream with ability to filter, monitor, crossfade, apply fx etc (ironically, not possible with NI interface - had to use my old MOTU UL to make it work but don't get me started on NI interfaces/drivers)

now very sceptical about NI's direction and endless hype ... on the other hand very happy with my current Maschine/Traktor rig, with plenty of interesting option for the future outside of NI's limited and troubled scope

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Et_Voila

Et_Voila NI Product Owner

Answer's no to the initial question.

7. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

I thought maschine hardware could control tractor..im sure ni posted maps years ago which allowed you too do this..

8. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

yes it does that, not a problem (i use custom mapped Mk1+X1+F1 for Traktor control) ... my post was about running MIDI synced Maschine audio output to a 'live input deck' within Traktor ...(effectively a Maschine deck instead of Remix deck) - can't be done using Mk3's audio setup (not able to bus the output of Maschine to deck input)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2019
  9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Dropbox image links dont work on the forum. :S

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Scaper7

Scaper7 NI Product Owner

... so i noticed ... unable to delete it - you're welcome to ... and this post ...

11. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Users have the ability to delete or edit their posts.
    Actually I take that back It does work if you open the image in dropbox, right-click select copy image address then paste it here after clicking the image icon...
    test:
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the offtopic post guys.

12. locrates

locrates NI Product Owner

I personally would have to abandon NI if they ever went subscription.
    Not saying its a bad idea, just that this point in my life I could not commit to regular payments of anything.

The physical media of music is ideal as I would like to own my music, But Spotify IS good for the amount of music you get for the price.
    Its just when/IF you get down in life, have no money to continue the subscription services, then all of a sudden you are cut off.

As an artist, I wish a new physical form of selling music could be a thing. It would be easier on my bills to flip a usb stick of my album for $5 100 times a day on the corner than to convince someone to stream my album a million times to make that same $5.

end of day subscribing to things is for the rich. Us broke folk need ownership.

• Like Like x 3
  13. loongar

loongar New Member

Ok:(
    :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

LOL... 10/10.

15. j.silva

j.silva NI Product Owner

16. Harsh

Harsh NI Product Owner

The most I would pay for the subscription would be $15.99 monthly. If this would help with the development and advancement of Maschine I think it would be a bargain for us. Much better than paying hundreds of dollars for a DAW that never advances.

17. Eric Leisy

Eric Leisy New Member

As the software is now, if it went subscription I would most likely move away from it. If they added a more traditional more flexible workflow approach to how the arrangement system works, among some other vocally requested features I would be willing to. And I'm guessing others would too.

18. Eric Leisy

Eric Leisy New Member

I definitely see your perspective here, but at the same time the subscription model can also open up access to a lot of tools. I couldn't afford purchasing the adobe products back when they were 500 - 1000 per program, but now that i can pay a much smaller monthly fee I'm able to have access to every program. I don't think NI has the software eco system to do something like this though...

19. j.silva

j.silva NI Product Owner

Another "Limited Edition MK3" will keep our minds busy until NI decides what to do with "us"...

green.png

20. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

There are a lot of positives to a subscription model although not really if any subcription isn't optional.